jancy

Re: Cattail

Post by jancy »

cattail.jpg
cattail.jpg (39.24 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
kelsie94

Post by kelsie94 »

Every time I try to import this, I get an error message telling me that Sure Cuts A Lot will close! and it does! bummer
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Open it in Inkscape first and peel apart the layers until you get to what you want to cut. I'll try to separate it for you later tonight. Thank you for responding. I like to know someone is trying my posts and I'm happy to help where I can.
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Here is the graphic separated. You can import it directly into SCAL. You will need to refer to the original drawing for the colors to use and assembly. The water was made up of several layers, I kept the three large layers and the one that covers the bottom of the cattail stalks, and two ovals that go from the right to about the middle of the water at an upward angle. You can choose to keep all of the layers I provided, or just some. There are even more water layers in the original! You might consider using some solid and some velum papers for the waters. There are shadows of the cattails in the water that are gray solid long rectangles in the separated version. You can choose to use these or not.

To help align the colored papers on the mat, you might first cut the pattern using regular printer paper, trimmed to size. Use a lighter pressure for the lighter paper weight. Then you can see exactly where cuts will be for the various colors.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
reed_gmv_01_separated.svg
(29.56 KiB) Downloaded 282 times