New & Confused and I have some questions!

For your help and questions
pastda3

New & Confused and I have some questions!

Post by pastda3 »

I have the Expression and the Design Studio. I just updated my Design Studio. When I turned on my Cricut, it still says that I have the 2.0 version. Does that mean that I don't have the required version of the firmware that I need? What exactly is it that I need to do? I really want to buy SCAL, but I'm so confused right now.

Also, another dumb question and I'm not even sure how to ask this. :oops: Will I need to download inkscape and use that to use SCAL. I've been reading the boards, but I think I managed to confuse more than help myself. Sorry. TIA for any help. I would really appreciate it. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
AnointedHands

Re: New & Confused and I have some questions!

Post by AnointedHands »

Have you updated the firmware on the machine...that is different from updating the software?

You can access the firmware update from the Help Menu I believe.

You do not need Inkscape to use SCAL. Inkscape is vector-editing software that allows you to create shapes that can be imported into SCAL and then cut.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Thank you so much for your responses. I'm going to check out the help function now. (Keeping my fingers crossed.)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

It worked! Thank you so much again. I'm off to buy SCAL. I'm sure you'll be seeing me a lot on the boards asking a bunch of questions after I get that done. :P