Print and Cut

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Print and Cut

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Okay so I did a print and cut of my Christmas tree.. It's not really clear because I used.. umm.. ahem.. my cellphone to take the photo

One thing I did notice though.. When I sent the picture to my other computer which also has the most recent version of SCAL and opened the picture up?? it showed blank..hmmm.. and yet the picture was there on my computer..
whatthescrap

Post by whatthescrap »

Okay, I am totally confused - lol!! I can place an image (png or jpg) and print to my printer but all I see on my mat is a square not the actual image so I cannot line up my shadow shape around to cut. Does anyone know how I can get my image to show up on my mat? I do not see the show outline only that papasue said to turn off.
whatthescrap

Post by whatthescrap »

Okay, now I figured out how to see my image that I have placed on my mat to print. Now I cannot figure out to get a shadow of that image so I can cut around it. When I copy and paste a 2nd image the box doesn't come up where you can change it from normal to shadow or blackout. Am I missing something? ALso, when I am messing with a placed image instead of an imported svg my program is very slow - is anyone elses?
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

The shadow box and such is on the right side of your mat once your image is opened.. where I circled it.
whatthescrap

Post by whatthescrap »

Thanks, I know where it is usually at but when I place a graphic image on my mat to print it does not have this option on the side. All I have under appearance is the two flip buttons.
Sweetness4713

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Whoops.. sorry.. I misunderstood... I guess we can't use that feature on regular jpgs...
whatthescrap

Post by whatthescrap »

so how did you print and cut your christmas tree? Is it not a jpg or png file?
papasue

Post by papasue »

A little clarification, I hope.

The "place image" feature does not allow any manipulation except cut and paste that I can find. You must use "Trace Image" for the other attributes to work like the shadow blackout feature.

You can use "place image" if you only want to place another object like the octagon on it like I used above to cut a shape out of the photgraph for instance.

I'll try and find time tomorrow to put together a video and perhaps that will help.

Goodnight all. See you in the morning....California time!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Can someone help me out here. Whenever I try to bring in a jpg I just get a very large box or SCAL 2.038 just shuts down! Have tried import, trace image and place image. Am I being dense and missing something?
Maureen

papasue

Post by papasue »

My guess is that your .jpg is toooo large either in dimension or pixels. If you can size it down to 91ish in pixels or to about 4x6 and try again.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.