Inkscape find

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
sboz

Re: Inkscape find

Post by sboz »

Thanks for that easy description, AnnointedHands!

Can you describe how to do it 'in reverse'? How would you separate the stem from the flower? (I have a file I a stuck on which requires this.)

Shari
Bug Safe: http://www.pbase.com/bugsafe/inbox
My Blog - "The Bug Stop" - where you can find my .cut files:
http://thebugstop.blogspot.com/
susibi

Re: Inkscape find

Post by susibi »

Click on the outline to bring up the nodes and your cursor will turn to a very pointy tool, click on the first node you want break then go to the top tool bar and you'll see 4 different functions for your nodes - choose the one on the right which will break apart the image at the selected node ( if you hover your cursor over each icon it tells you the function) now you can move the node to one side, then click on the next node you want to break and click on the icon again. You have broken your shapes apart.
Here are the pix
Susibi :D
Attachments
break1.jpg
break1.jpg (52.92 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
break2.jpg
break2.jpg (51.28 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
break3.jpg
break3.jpg (24.11 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
ruth

Re: I'm so HAPPY.....

Post by ruth »

I have been trying to move nodes add node delete nodes and knew ther was a much easier way to connect all my lines etc. I have sat at my computer for almost 2 days trying to figure it out!!! Thanks to all you pepole in this topic I did it!! Each time I would get a little closer to the finished picture and just now realised if I didn't do BREAK APART before I altered the nodes - it all worked beautifully! Amazing how such a little step can open up a whole new world of pictures.

so THANKYOU to everyone for each of their little hints.
Ruth
(guess what I will be doing all afternoon??? and it aint the washing)