Please help, I know this is a really dumb question, but...

For your help and questions
Care_911

Please help, I know this is a really dumb question, but...

Post by Care_911 »

I just can't seem to make a welded title (with backshadow, but it's the whole thing I'm having trouble with) on scal 2.

My dds birthday is coming up and I'm making calendars for her and her friends to make. They are triangular in shape and I would like to make each girls name for the back of the calendar.

I know this is really bad that I can't this to work on scal 2 it's so basic, and I do know how to weld and how to nudge, I just can't seem to make it work and look right.

Please, is there anyone who can help me with this?

Feel like a complete idiot for asking, you'd think this would be simple. Tried to find a tutorial or something but I can't seem to find that either.

TIA

Care
talanhart

Re: Please help, I know this is a really dumb question, but...

Post by talanhart »

Post the names and the font you want to use so that we can make you SVG files already welded. This way you can finish your project until you figure out what's wrong.
Todd
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

I can help also if you post the names.

Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I can help as well.. See all the offerings you are receiving :D
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

Thank you guys so much! :-) We really do have a very generous group of people here... SCAL forumers (LOL pretty sure that isn't a word) can't be beat.

I'll post back once I figure out what font I want to use that looks like it might work.

Thanks again! :-)

Care
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

LOL you make us sound like Super heros..
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

OK after spending the day perusing some 8000 fonts, I have narrowed it down.

What I am thinking is that although I had originally wanted to go with something pretty and 12 y.o. girl-like... But as time went on I began to think that it might be better to do something more personal... A font that would allow each girl to express herself personally, by colouring, doodling etc. inside each letter of her own name. Since the calendars are supposed to be something that they do and are personalized artistically by them. The total area the names will be on is 4 in (height) x 12 in (across) so I'd like to get the name as big as I can, including the backshadow, so that each letter will be something they can easily decorate. (Sure wish I had my dd to run this by, but she is at Guide camp, which is also why I am trying to get as much done as possible. That and time is flying by so quickly I'm stressed how I am going to get it done in time.) Anyway. Just hope I am going in the right direction, but if my daughter WERE here, she'd likely be sighing in exasperation, and saying, Mom, you are SO picky!!! LOL.

So, anyway, I do have a number of outline fonts I can pick from, but I am wondering is it easier or better to simply use an outline font or can it be just a regular one?

Now that you know a bit more of the details hopefully you can give me some advice. Like I said, I would like the welded title/name to be something they can easily decorate, and that will be big enough given the measurements of the calendar itself.

Then I can pick a font and give you the names of the girls.

TIA!

Care
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

Bumping this up again... where did everybody go???? Was the question I asked too difficult? Or people have changed their minds???

Sorry just kind of confused
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

If you pick an outline font then it will cut with double lines. The cut always looks like the black part in a font. So if you just want a font with plenty of room so they can decorate the inside then just choose a regular font that is "chunky."
A few examples:
Cream and Sugar
Junebug
Unicorn
HVD Comic Serif
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

Oh, I didn't know that! Thank you, Kay. Here I was thinking that would be the better way to go... I really appreciate the response. Well I guess I will have another look at the non-outlined fonts again, then, and post back some suggestions and hopefully somebody can tell me if they'd work for what I want to do. I'll use snip it (if I can on here, not sure--so people can see what they look like.) Thank you for the suggestions, too, I will check them out.

Thanks again,
Care