Anyone need a challange?

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
AnointedHands

Re: Anyone need a challange?

Post by AnointedHands »

SharonV wrote:I am pretty computer literate and what I don't know DH can answer, but when it comes to inkscape... I cannot even open a picture in it to work on. I have downloaded the tut's from paper thread etc and I cannot get a JPG to even open in inkscape. I have never felt so dumb when trying to follow a simple tutorial..
To get a jpg into Inkscape is simply File>Open.
To trace, select the photo (will have arrows around), Path>Trace Bitmap
I usually start with the first option, Brightness..., and make adjustments as necessary
Once traced, delete the original and you are ready to work/save the trace.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
papasue

Post by papasue »

Thanks, got this far now off to how to break it apart. I really appreciate all of you who take the time to help those of us who are suffer more challenges :lol:
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
SharonV

Post by SharonV »

AnointedHands wrote:
SharonV wrote:I am pretty computer literate and what I don't know DH can answer, but when it comes to inkscape... I cannot even open a picture in it to work on. I have downloaded the tut's from paper thread etc and I cannot get a JPG to even open in inkscape. I have never felt so dumb when trying to follow a simple tutorial..
To get a jpg into Inkscape is simply File>Open.
To trace, select the photo (will have arrows around), Path>Trace Bitmap
I usually start with the first option, Brightness..., and make adjustments as necessary
Once traced, delete the original and you are ready to work/save the trace.
Hi there. I click on file open but then this box come up that does not give me a choice to get my files off my HD.. Very strange. I have tried clicking all the different options around the bx, but still cannot see my drive... Will try again later today. Need more coffee LOL
SharonV

A Birth Certificate shows you were born.
A Death Certificate shows you died.
A Completed Scrapbook shows that you LIVED!!!!

http://scrapandstamp.wordpress.com/
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

When you go to open the file, you have to maneuver to your files.

Using Op 1, you can start by clicking on the C:\ to change and navigate to the folder you need if it is on the C drive

Using Op 2, click on the drive letter where your files are located. Will open up files on the right or
click on the first option under Recently Used and that should open up folders on the right and if they are in the My Documents folder, you can go from there.

Op 3, you can click on the icon beside the C:\ and you will get the option to type in the location, i.e., C:\My Documents\My Pictures\ file name
Attachments
Files.jpg
Files.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 1876 times
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

Oh yech! That looks to complicated! I just find my image, right click, open with, inkscape and it opens in inkscape...EASY!

Shirl
SharonV

Post by SharonV »

Annointed Hands, thank you, but that little box does not even let me access my C drive etc.... See why I feel so stupid..LOL

Shirl I will try your trick and see if I can do that instead.

Cheers and thank you
SharonV

A Birth Certificate shows you were born.
A Death Certificate shows you died.
A Completed Scrapbook shows that you LIVED!!!!

http://scrapandstamp.wordpress.com/