Can someone help me with my Butterfly Kisses?

For your help and questions
cjbarclay

Can someone help me with my Butterfly Kisses?

Post by cjbarclay »

I need help please. I created this in inkscape, then imported it into SCAL2. I welded the letters together in SCAL but now the insides of the e's and s's won't cut. I am stuck! Can you fix it for me or tell me how to fix it? The font is Lucida Handwriting. TIA Cheryl B
Butterfly Kisses.scut2
(133.73 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Also, can you tell me how you get the picture of the attachment to show in the message?
(jecheck)

Re: Can someone help me with my Butterfly Kisses?

Post by (jecheck) »

One problem is that there are two layers of "butterfly kisses" when you open the file up. The other problem is that since you were using the "weld" function to keep the letters from being cut individually, the centers of the e's and the s's were also being welded. I fixed this by selecting the outline of the letter and the inset of the letter and doing Path --> Exclude.

to show the picture, you would have to (on a windows computer) use your print screen button on your keyboard, go to a program like paint, paste the screen image, and save it as a jpg. More easily, search for a program on your computer called snipping tool and use that to create a jpg from the computer screen. When you load the jpg as an attachment to your post, click on the button that says "place inline"

I have fixed it so it should cut...
Attachments
Butterfly Kisses.scut2
(84.25 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
http://www.cougarrx.com

All my files are for non-profit use only... use them, share them, give them as gifts, but don't sell them
cjbarclay

Re: Can someone help me with my Butterfly Kisses?

Post by cjbarclay »

Thank you so much for your help, it cut great and my granddaughter is totally thrilled.

We used oracal 651 with the glossy finish and with the texture on her walls it looks
all glittery!!!