Trying to blackout but now working - please help

For your help and questions
hrhicks

Re: Trying to blackout but now working - please help

Post by hrhicks »

Thank you everyone for your help. I still can't get it to work but I guess I give up. I was trying to make these for a swap - 30 of them but... I tried what you all said. i went into inkscap, path, ungroup. Found the layers, deleted one, tried to regroup all the piece, cut and paste it into scal but then it comes up with dimensions way off and I can't adjust them. I'm back to not being able to see the image. I guess when I think about it, I probably wasn't doing what I needed to do anyway. I was trying to cut the image as shown and then cut the outline of the entire image to back the 1st cut on. I guess I would need to weld it all together then do a blackout. I honestly don't know but since I can't even see the object on the page screen and the dimensions are way off and it won't take my changes to bring it back to scale - I am out. Thanks anyway! I know you all tried to help and I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Here is a layerd svg file with a base layer and your other layer. HTH
Attachments
medail-1.SVG
(4.56 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
hrhicks

Post by hrhicks »

Hallelujah - I figured it out. I was trying to understand everyones directions but nothing made sense. As I was shutting down I noticed something - my version was the 2.0 - I didn't have the update. So when you all said to go to Object, UnGroup - I didn't have that so I assumed it was in inkscape so I went and tried that but nothing was coming together. I FINALLY GOT IT!!!! :idea: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :D