Problems with 2.011 - too many fonts?

For your help and questions
momaloy

Problems with 2.011 - too many fonts?

Post by momaloy »

I was able to use 2.010 version just fine, but cannot use the 2.011 version as I get a"scrambled" screen. I do get the too many fonts warning when I open the program...could this be what is messing up 2.011?

If so, what is the easiest/best way to manage my fonts so that I can still view them from the program? I really like the drop down feature that SCAL has that shows samples of the fonts when I am working on a file.

I also have an embroidery program that I use my fonts for, so I don't want to restrict using them in that program, which requires the font to be installed in Windows to work..any asisstance would be appreciated!

Mo
He**inwa

Re: Problems with 2.011 - too many fonts?

Post by He**inwa »

For other reasons, I use a font manager and temporarily install fonts when I have to use them in a program that requires them to be installed.
Maybe that would work for your embroidery machine too ?

HTH
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Someone stated a method of using fonts in SCAL without even having to install them.. I think it was Heather?? Heather??LOL
btails

Post by btails »

I get the same error message but have had no problems except freezing when I try to move the files around on the screen to much..I too would like to see the program for fonts...Judy
He**inwa

Post by He**inwa »

Someone stated a method of using fonts in SCAL without even having to install them
I'm not Heather, but that is what I was referring to in my post above.

What I didn't say is that with SCAL, you can simply have the font open and minimized in another window and be able to use it.

Or, you can have a font open in a font manager.
A font manager also allows you to temporarily install them as needed.
The reason I originally suggested a font manager is because the op stated that she needs all her current fonts installed for her embroidery machine, but is getting a 'too many fonts' error in SCAL.

HTH
He**inwa

Post by He**inwa »

I too would like to see the program for fonts...
It escapes me at the moment which popular font manager can be used with Windows 7.
I do remember that it is a low cost item, not free.

Windows XP and Vista can use the AMP font viewer, which is free, and is what I use.
Don't let the title fool you, it does more than view. :)
Can't remember if Vista can use the Font Thing or not, but XP can.
The Font Thing is also free.

For Mac, I have no clue.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

momaloy wrote:I also have an embroidery program that I use my fonts for, so I don't want to restrict using them in that program, which requires the font to be installed in Windows to work..any asisstance would be appreciated!

Mo
You should be able to just open the font, and then your embroidery program. I have tried this method with several of my programs, and it worked with all of them. I install very few of my fonts, just the ones I use frequently. Create a folder somewhere with all of the extra fonts so that you can find them easily. This also makes using a font manager easier if you choose to go with that.
btails

Post by btails »

so, what is the name of the font manager for Vista and where do you find it....also how do I put my fonts in it...thanks !!Judy