why does my svg look like this in SCAL 2

For your help and questions
JodyP

why does my svg look like this in SCAL 2

Post by JodyP »

I make this backgrd layer in ink .47 and I unioned the firetruck, sign, axe and flaming frame ( the ladder and hydrant are seperate pieces). When I open it up in SCAL 2 it is not the same. The cutout beside the axe has moved as has the wheel wells on the truck. I'm not sure why or how to fix it. In my SCAL property box I have ink selected for importing too. the first pic is how it looks in scal, the second pic is what it is suppose to look like.
Attachments
fire hall black.svg
(37.85 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
scal scrren shot.jpg
scal scrren shot.jpg (42.75 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
fire truck.jpg
fire truck.jpg (34.42 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
IrishGirl82

Re: why does my svg look like this in SCAL 2

Post by IrishGirl82 »

I can only suggest that instead of path->union, use path->exclusion. I took your file, did a path->break apart and then did the exclusion. It opened just fine for me in SCAL2. I've attached your fixed file. HTH! :)
Attachments
fire hall black.svg
(52.4 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Looking at your file it looks as if there was a group or groups before you path unioned. Things get jumbled up if groups are saved and imported into SCAL. Did you use group before path union?
Grammy
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Also if you don't want to look at the image in SCAL2 as a solid image you can go to your options and check off view image outline..
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Ungroup the firetruck section and try Path/Union again. After I did that in Ink47 it imported fine into SCAL2.
GrammyKrausse wrote:Looking at your file it looks as if there was a group or groups before you path unioned. Things get jumbled up if groups are saved and imported into SCAL. Did you use group before path union?
Grammy
Grammy, Groups don't work with SCAL1, but they are a fast and easy way to create layers for SCAL2. Each group imports into SCAL2 as a separate layer.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hi Heather
It's good to know that you can group and then union in SCAL2. Was unsure since union's were undoable that it would allow the groups to layer in SCAL 2. Didn't mean to suggest the wrong process.
Grammy