Glueing Fonts

Share your designs and layouts created with Sure Cuts A Lot
SawSah

Glueing Fonts

Post by SawSah »

How are you guys glueing all these intricite fonts that SCAL cuts out without making a mess? I cut out the water lily font, but can't figure out how to glue it. Thanks for any help in this matter.
Susan
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

wreed06

Re: Glueing Fonts

Post by wreed06 »

I use Creative Memories glue pen - it works great getting into tiny areas and doesn't make a mess. There are also sticker making "machines" - there's the inexpensive Xyron X (don't remember it's real name), or larger Xyron ones for more money. There are also "glue dot" roll ons on tapes also by Xyron. I find the "machines" tend to leave glue on the cut edges that are hard to get off. I prefer the pen because I have more control and no excess glue; however, once you place anything, it is STUCK! The "machine" glues come with re-positional glues and even their permanent glues allow you to move things before it dries.
plg1117

Post by plg1117 »

I've got a Zig glue pen - you can get different thicknesses - as fine as a fine point pen... I have been able to pick something back up and move it if I haven't rubbed it down... :) I also have the Xyron machines - they work good for thicker letters, but you do need an adhesive pick up thing (can't remember the official name :oops: reminds me of an eraser sorta...) to get some of the excess glue from the edges - but it works great also.
gluestick

Post by gluestick »

I also use the Zig pen and love it. When I'm gluing those real small letters I use one of my old matts that isn't real sticky and I put the letter face down on that and it holds it really well while I apply the glue.
SawSah

Post by SawSah »

Thanks for all the ideas. I just got back from J-A's and I bought one of the fine point 2way Zig pens. Can't wait to try it out.
Susan
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

suziscrapper

Post by suziscrapper »

I was just at a crop and a girl used Adhesive Spray for all her small letters and to mount vellum journal boxes. It worked great, but should be done where it won't gag others, it does stink a bit. I used it on some vellum & small font Cricut letters, LOVED IT!
scraphappysue

Post by scraphappysue »

Just thought I'd pass along this TIP just in case anyone was having a bit of trouble with the Zig 2-way glue pen:

When I first used it, I didn't realize that you need to let it dry a bit after applying (until clear/tacky)...before adhering it to the other paper. It works great!!!
Suzy
My3Boys

Post by My3Boys »

i use my xyron. they sale a small for like $8 at target and walmart and it works great for small stuff!
cydnewright

Post by cydnewright »

If you get a low tack tape, you can place it over the top of the letters before you remove them from the mat. Then flip them over, glue, and then place them on your page & peel the tape off.
You can use transfer tape, stencil tape, artists repositionable tape. Painter's masking tape works on some papers (it may tear some) - or just use regular tape and stick it on your jeans a few times to lessen the stickiness before you stick it on your paper.
savnrmemries

Post by savnrmemries »

Creative Memories glue pen works great! My tip would be to let it dry until it's clear and tacky as well. Also, using tweezers like Mrs. Grossman's Sticker Tweezers to hold the letters/words while gluing works the easiest. I also found that using Quickutz Quick Stick works as well.

HTH
Diana