ISO Stencil spray

For your help and questions
Dawn Miner

Re: ISO Stencil spray

Post by Dawn Miner »

When mine lose their stickiness I wash them very good with baby wipes let them dry and I use ZIg two way glue the wide tipped one. I just run it up and down the Matt covering it all. Then let it dry It lasts for a real long time and just wipe it off with baby wipes once in awhile. Repeat this process when it needs it. I have used my current matt so much that the ends are all curled up LOL
Dawn
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

I read this somewhere (have not tried) but you can use the blue wallpaper/painter low tack tape to hold your paper in place on a worn out mat, too.
I tried taping down my paper before. I didn't have that great of luck with it. If the paper is not really taut against the mat, it can move and the cut is ruined. Just my experience...
soldiersfamily

Post by soldiersfamily »

I got this from a lady that does scrapbook classes off the cricut site. She told me to get a two way glue one that is blue when wet and that is when it sticks things permantly then when it drys its clear and that is when it is just sticky. They have them at walmart and it works sooooo good. Love it and its easy and cheap.
M.Newton

Post by M.Newton »

[]
soldiersfamily wrote:I got this from a lady that does scrapbook classes off the cricut site. She told me to get a two way glue one that is blue when wet and that is when it sticks things permantly then when it drys its clear and that is when it is just sticky. They have them at walmart and it works sooooo good. Love it and its easy and cheap.
[/color]

Can you tell us the name?
Thank you
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

hbennett wrote:I read this somewhere (have not tried) but you can use the blue wallpaper/painter low tack tape to hold your paper in place on a worn out mat, too.
I have been using the painter blue maskingtape for quite awhile and it works great to hold your paper. I also use the Krylon Easy Tack Spray, love it. HTH! ;)
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
lostintexas

Post by lostintexas »

Has anyone used the Ailene's Tack it over and over glue? Not sure on the spelling. This is what I use to use on the back of my unmounted rubber stamps. You paint it on the stamps and let it dry. Then you can unmount it and remount it on your blocks as needed.

Just not sure it has enough hold for the paper on the mats. So wondering if anyone has tried this?
cydnewright

Post by cydnewright »

I've used the Krylon easy-tack repositionable and I love it. I can only find it at Michaels. It last through several cuts.

I have read that others have tried the spray of Alene's tack-it-over and it worked, but I haven't tried it personally. There is also a repositionable Elmer's spray glue that some have used.

I have the quilt basting spray from WM & I think it was $5 or $6. Didn't even think to try it on my mats.
pbajr

Post by pbajr »

i bought the quilters spray at walmart. so be sure and tape off the edges of my mat first/ would it be better to spray the paper? what is the best to use to clean the mats and how often do you recommend cleaning them? i had bought some extra ones but they would get expensive buying new ones when the sticky came off of them. :shock:
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

I tend to use the Zig Glue Sticks on my paper...just a little dab in each corner, and in the centre of your paper tends to hold it perfectly in place, even with the most intricate cuts. This way I only use a little sticky where I need it, rather than re-sticking my whole mat (which didn't work for me).

Mel
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I have used the Zig Jumbo glue pen and it works extremely well. You don't have to mask off the edges of the mat like you do with a spray. Wash the mat, let dry, rub on a coating of the glue and let dry without covering. I think it is better than the original glue on my one mat.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10