OH GEEZ!! Please help! PLEASEPLEASE!

General discussion about scrapbooking
lcerdas

OH GEEZ!! Please help! PLEASEPLEASE!

Post by lcerdas »

Please help me.
I am running mac OS X 10.5.8. I have an E running 2.3. I downloaded the trial version for mac 1.0 (It has all I need and I can upgrade later if needed) it cut just fine but only on the first cut. The next time I couldn't cut because my cursor flew to the side and when ever i moved it it picked stuff up, moved and deleted things from my desktop. So I rebooted and the first cut was fine again, the second time possessed my curser and erased itunes off the desktop and moved things around.

Then I tried to contact info@craftedge, and I get once response with a question but no follow up (that has happened to me twice). And a few email inquiries lost in the air somewhere?.....
So I call mac, thinking they might tell me why my cursor is doing things crazy like. I re-download the trial and now I can't cut at all, and can't show the problem to him and the mac guy is stupped.
If craftedge is reading this... what's up with answering emails? I have never tried so hard to buy something, what's up? My friend says your service is great. I've been trying to contact you for almost three days.

Is all this happening because it's just the trial version? Will the full version of 1.0 work? If it doesn't and my cursor still freaks out, or unexpectedly shits down like it did each time I tried to run it today, will you give me back my money?

If anyone is running this on a Mac please tell me what system youre on and what problems you have. Is this even worth it if you only have a Mac? I want it, but do they want me?
The guy at Apple went to the craft edge page and told me that I had everything I needed for the program to work.

PLEASE HELP!!
papasue

Re: OH GEEZ!! Please help! PLEASEPLEASE!

Post by papasue »

If I understand what happened I might have an answer.

If you only had the trial version then SCAL1 cuts lines through the image because you need to own it to cut properly.

Also, there is a bug with SCAL1 and Mac when you cut once and then cut again, without turning off the Cricut or momentarily unplugging the USB cable SCAL crashes.

I'm surprised you have not gotten support from Craftedge as they usually are very prompt and helpful.

Just some ideas for you to consider or check out.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lcerdas

Post by lcerdas »

OHHHHH I LOOOVVEEEE YYOOUUUUU!!!

Why couldn't anyone else tell me that????!!! Thank you

UNPLUGGING BETWEEN CUTS FIXED IT!!!

I could just hug you!!!

So, if anyone else is having trouble with their Mac running the 1st version, simply unplug the USB (mine's on the keyboard) after the program prompts you that the cut is done sooooo easy!!!

Thanks!! I was the kid sitting on the sidewalk while everyone else played at the park!!
papasue

Post by papasue »

Welcome to the SCAL world you will love it.

I'm so happy I could help.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.