Proportion Check Window??

For your help and questions
Kelleyscards

Proportion Check Window??

Post by Kelleyscards »

OK Im Soo new at Scal2 & I cant seem to understand why the proportion check box does absolutely nothing when I check it..I porposely brought something over & stretched it to wher I knew it was wrong proportioatly & clicked the porportion box it did notthing please tell me what Im doing wrong. TIA
Kelleyscards

Re: Proportion Check Window??

Post by Kelleyscards »

So I am supoosing I have to check keep proportions first THEN size? Is this the correct way to do it?
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Yep, select your object, then tick the proportion box.
Kelleyscards

Post by Kelleyscards »

pennsylvaniakate wrote:Yep, select your object, then tick the proportion box.

Mine isnt working like that I have to (check/tick) the proportion box THEN size my image Im pretty sure in SCAL 1 that we could size images THEN (check/tick) the proportion box .
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Nope, you had to check the box first in both versions. :D
Kelleyscards

Post by Kelleyscards »

HeatherM wrote:Nope, you had to check the box first in both versions. :D

Not to be disrespectful in any way but would you please try this in both (when you have SCAL 1 and 2 available to you,I know Im not going crazy I just did this..File..import..(a simple image like a heart)..pourposly make it longer (out of normal form) without clicking proportion box,THEN click proportion box to get the heart back to "normal" form...

It actually does go back to normal size after clicking proportion box in SCAL 1

It does not go back to normal for in scal 2

Am I crazy? Grrr ! I dunno...I might be after this day of messing with this program !

UNLESS my scal 2 is messed up in some way that it doesnt work like everyone elses..I dunno but will prolly be asking for my money back before days end.
ScrappyGal

Post by ScrappyGal »

Last edited by ScrappyGal on Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I wasn't saying to stretch it in SCAL 2 first. I just just meant to select it so you would get the settings to open. If you haven't clicked on the object you can't select the keep proportions box. Under preferences you can now permanently select the keep proportions which comes in handy.
Kelleyscards

Post by Kelleyscards »

pennsylvaniakate wrote:I wasn't saying to stretch it in SCAL 2 first. I just just meant to select it so you would get the settings to open. If you haven't clicked on the object you can't select the keep proportions box. Under preferences you can now permanently select the keep proportions which comes in handy.

Thank you :)