Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
JenHuff

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by JenHuff »

I too LOVE SCAL 2!!! I'm sure there's much more to it than I've messed around with but just that fact that I don't have to deal (and stress out over) inkscape is worth the 30.00!!! Now when is Todd going to come out with a Gypsy version of SCAL? OMG!! I'd make him cookies for life!!! LOL!
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I wish we had a "Mirror Image" Button on SCAL2... If I do say turned in feet I would like it that I can mirror the feet the opposite way so they looked turned in.. :( Therefore I have to do that in Inkscape..
sewwhat

Post by sewwhat »

I had just bought mine in May.What a rip off.I was not aware of anyone working on making a newer version.At least they could of let someone know.Then we could of made a desision to buy or wait.I did not even know of this software.I just so happened to run across it.My sister-in-law has scrapbook for a long time and she still has never heard of it until I just told her.
julesana8818

Post by julesana8818 »

Todd all I can say is you are awesome!!! the trace feature is genius. I tell everyone about this software and since I work in a craft store and teach scrapbooking and cricut classes is ALOT of people. Explaining how to trace in inkscape was alittle difficult. This makes SCA even more useful then before and well worth the price. My cricut may overheat it is getting such a workout now. :D
optotecha

Post by optotecha »

Can someone tell me, if I download the UPGRADE, will I need to update my firmware or whatever it is called - and will that make my Cricut unusable? I worry about this. The UPGRADE sounds awesome.
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

optotecha wrote:Can someone tell me, if I download the UPGRADE, will I need to update my firmware or whatever it is called - and will that make my Cricut unusable? I worry about this. The UPGRADE sounds awesome.
Nope! You need not do anything to your Cricut's firmware! In fact, with the SCAL2 upgrade, you have two programs...both SCAL and SCAL2!!! So worth it!
Pooky37

Post by Pooky37 »

I just bought the Cricut Personal.......

I bought the Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 for Windows / d/l the program, and installed the
George and Basics......its on my computer and my Cricut with or w/o the usb cord....how do I get rid of it on my cricut?

I have it re-installed Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 which opens up, but what is firmware? do I need it? and what does it do?
I can't get Sure Cuts a Lot to cut my design, I have it saved to svg and says "error" when I use to cut it with Cricut.

but................
I'm a mess now.......I uninstalled and re-installed...........HELP HELP AND MORE HELP
:oops:
Sharen
aka: Pooky37
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

When you went to you SCAL settings when it's opened and you hit cut do you have it set to cricut personal??? you have to have it set to your own machine make...If it's saying "error" it's not identifying the proper machine...
deerushforth

Post by deerushforth »

Sure Cuts A Lot (both Versions) does not like Vista. I have switch to a new HP computer and both versions will stop working as a couple of minutes. I can go to my laptop which is on XP and no problem???? Anybody else have this problem????? Disappointed with this right now. :cry:
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Are you running SCAL in Windows XP Compatibility Mode? http://www.craftedge.com/products/xpmode.html
deerushforth wrote:Sure Cuts A Lot (both Versions) does not like Vista. I have switch to a new HP computer and both versions will stop working as a couple of minutes. I can go to my laptop which is on XP and no problem???? Anybody else have this problem????? Disappointed with this right now. :cry: