Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Mominct

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by Mominct »

I dont like that we have to pay twice for the same software. Just an upgrade. Even cricut, as cheap as they are has never charged for upgrades to design studio. The whole point, to me, in getting this software was to save money from upgrading and buying carts constantly.

Blah. I'll stick with the original
Lots of cute, paper piecing files on my blog - all free!
http://papercreativity.blogspot.com/

Love my original SCAL =)
kimberlyc

Post by kimberlyc »

Mominct wrote:I dont like that we have to pay twice for the same software. Just an upgrade. Even cricut, as cheap as they are has never charged for upgrades to design studio. The whole point, to me, in getting this software was to save money from upgrading and buying carts constantly.

Blah. I'll stick with the original

Maybe you are unaware, but to upgrade, it only costs $30. You don't pay full price again.
If all you were using were carts, you would spend a lot more than $30 every time there was a new one, so your still saving money.
To me, the whole point in getting this software is to have complete freedom with cuts, and not be forced into cutting only what Cricut offers.
No one is forcing you to upgrade either. You can keep using the old version.

Sorry if this sounds mean or anything, it's certenly not meant to be. I just find it annoying that most of the comments about the new version are just people crying over the cost. You don't work for free, why do you expect someone else to?
vintage87

Post by vintage87 »

smithy wrote:Hi im one of the fortunet ones I bought mine SCAL after the 22nd June so I recieved an email to respond to for my free upgrade , whowever how long do you have to wait for upgrade as I cant wait to play with it ?????????? :}
Heck I found out about the upgrade yesterday and emailed them asap w/ the info they needed and last night before midnight I already had my upgrade.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just got my number.
Todd
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I'm a big fan of SCAL and I think the new features are great. My ONLY disappointment right now is that the issue of the cuts being off about 1/4 inch wasn't corrected. :( Hopefully there will be a fix for that soon.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
MyCrafts

Post by MyCrafts »

Once this is downloaded and activated does it shut down the old version so it's not useable, I'd hate for it to have problems and not be able to use SCAL at all until the bugs are fixed.
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

No you will have both version running okay :-)
MyCrafts

Post by MyCrafts »

Oh good I'm so going to play all night tonight, thank you for the quick answer to my question. :)
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

No problem be aware though that scuts made in SCAL2 cannot be read in the previous version (yet)
Enjoy Ive found its got some great new features but I think its better to treat it like new software instead of comparing IMHO
craftydiva

Post by craftydiva »

Hi Christine, can't wait to see what you coome up with : ) I'm still very much a novice....lol
Hugs
Karen