Provocraft Gypsy

For your help and questions
talanhart

Provocraft Gypsy

Post by talanhart »

So what is this new gadget from Provocraft. It's called the Gypsy. I'm not sure what it is or what it does?
Todd
scrappinvt

Re: Provocraft Gypsy

Post by scrappinvt »

It is a hand held gadget, that you can d/l all your carts to. Then you can bring it with you anywhere. It doesn't need a computer. But some have been saying that it would erase your carts. But I don't know if that is true.
sfandm

Post by sfandm »

I got an email from my sister who says she got an email from Provocraft that they are offering a reward to anyone using a handheld device illegally. I am assuming these are the same things. I guess if it is an electronic item, it can and will be hacked at some point or another.

Just my 2 cents.
scrappinvt

Post by scrappinvt »

sfandm wrote:I got an email from my sister who says she got an email from Provocraft that they are offering a reward to anyone using a handheld device illegally. I am assuming these are the same things. I guess if it is an electronic item, it can and will be hacked at some point or another.

Just my 2 cents.
That is just an ad. They have several videos showing a guy tracking down these women who kept the gypsy. They are funny.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

It's all a skit.. He tracks down 10 people that have these things and spies on them to see how they are using them.... He then nabs some and questions them.. It's all rehearsed.. I watched the videos.. I don't think it is an item I would invest good money in.. I mean you download your files on there and you can do the same thing is a usb stick..
ssummers

Post by ssummers »

Provocraft is coming out with a handheld device called the Gypsy. From what I have heard you will be able to load your cricut carts on it and be able to create wherever you go. It will not erase your carts as some have been saying. Again, this is what I have heard from others, I do not have first hand knowledge of this device. It is also being said it will be around $300. I think that is a bit steep and I won't be investing in one at this time.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Do they really think we are that obsessed with scrapping that that gadget would be a must have?? I mean c'mon now.. I'm not that addicted to spend 300 dollars on an item that is a 1/3 of a size on something i already spent good money on.. Besides.. that 300 bucks can by me more scrap supplies..LOL