Please help anyone.. nothing seems to be working right

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
kimsalsa

Please help anyone.. nothing seems to be working right

Post by kimsalsa »

well i purchased this program hoping it would save me alot time and make using my cricut machine easier. the problem i am having is that the 97% of the fonts are not full fonts, i usually only see the numbers and not many letters at all. i spent about 2 hours downloading all these cool fonts and more than 3/4 dont work at all, just blank squares. but is also happening with the ones that are there from the start before u download any. Im using vista. is there a problem with SCAL and Vista? and the other problem i am having is it wastes alot of paper... when using the cricut cartridge it goes right to the edge of the paper and saves paper but with SCAL i find it goes in bout an inch or more and starts cutting from there and cuts very slowly. does anyone else have this problem or is this normal for SCAL? i really want to enjoy this program but so far i am not liking it one lil bit, seems more like a waste of money than a time saving and enjoyable program. :cry:
Tingha Treasures

Re: Please help anyone.. nothing seems to be working right

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Firstly you can use most fonts and you can resize the font windows.
As for speed that can depend maily on the way the files been made and how many nodes are in the file.
You can alter speed within SCAL in Edit/Preferences.
Hope thats some help?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Please help anyone.. nothing seems to be working right

Post by HeatherM »

kimsalsa wrote:the problem i am having is that the 97% of the fonts are not full fonts, i usually only see the numbers and not many letters at all.
Try resizing the window. Position your cursor on any of the sides or corners of the window until you see the the double headed arrow, then click and drag until you can see the whole font and you like the size/shape of the window.
kimsalsa wrote:the other problem i am having is it wastes alot of paper... when using the cricut cartridge it goes right to the edge of the paper and saves paper but with SCAL i find it goes in bout an inch or more and starts cutting from there and cuts very slowly.
Both SCAL and DS have a 1/4 inch frame around the mat that they won't cut in. It shouldn't be 1". SCAL cuts your shape where you place it on your virtual mat, rather than where you place the blade housing. I usually place my paper about 1/8" from the edge of the mat to reduce the amount of waste.

You are using Vista, are you running in XP compatability mode? http://www.craftedge.com/products/xpmode.html