Trouble

For your help and questions
Dawn Miner

Trouble

Post by Dawn Miner »

I did my upgrade today for the CDS, and now in SCA I'm getting cut marks through my designs and words again. I had the same problem with the first upgrade, and I had to uninstall it. Is anybody else having any problems?
Dawn
AnointedHands

Re: Trouble

Post by AnointedHands »

Dawn Miner wrote:I did my upgrade today for the CDS, and now in SCA I'm getting cut marks through my designs and words again. I had the same problem with the first upgrade, and I had to uninstall it. Is anybody else having any problems?
I had that problem when I updated. I didn't update this time cuz I noticed that this update included the first update and the new carts.

Did you try to uninstall the update and maybe the new carts will stay...if not, you might want to email Todd and let him know.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Dawn Miner

Post by Dawn Miner »

Thank you for answering me, I think I am going to get off the computer now. I'm tired and I will try to deal with it tomorrow. It really shouldn't have to be this much work lol
Dawn
susan

Post by susan »

yes I am haveing the same problem maybe todd will come up with something(please)
msgriff

Post by msgriff »

Hi Ladies, I had problems getting the new update also (Windows XP). My computer did not recognize the Cricut software, so it would not let me use SCAL nor update my firmware. :o I uninstall the new update and reinstalled the original CDS, SCLA is working again...whew :D From what I understand, some people that are using SCAL are not having any problems with the new update.
Could you all help a sista' out and give instructions on what you did to get the updates and what program are you using, Windows XP or Vista? 8-) 8-)
I email Todd and this is the response I recieved from him:

Hi Cynthia
What you can do is move the old installation (or rename the folder Cricut Design Studio) so that when you install the latest version, it does not overwrite the old one.
Then copy the Cricut Fonts.zip file over to the old installation and the new carts should be available in the older version.

We are trying out the newer version. However it should still work as the update does not require any firmware updates to the cricut machine.

Sincerely
- Todd Simmons
http://www.craftedge.com

Although, I haven't tried it yet, too involved for me right now...all I want to do is to be able to CUT what I want to CUT without all of the hassle. I'll try later on in the day and see what happens.
plg1117

Post by plg1117 »

Todd and I are thinking alike!! I installed the new version under a new directory and tried to copy the font file from the newest one to my other one - didn't work - wouldn't let me move the .zip file, tried just moving one of the files and is asked me for a password... so... I think they outsmarted us...

unless I'm doing something wrong - if someone else gets it to work let me know.
Dawn Miner

Post by Dawn Miner »

(Hi Cynthia
What you can do is move the old installation (or rename the folder Cricut Design Studio) so that when you install the latest version, it does not overwrite the old one.
Then copy the Cricut Fonts.zip file over to the old installation and the new carts should be available in the older version.

We are trying out the newer version. However it should still work as the update does not require any firmware updates to the cricut machine)
Sincerely
- Todd Simmons
[quote][/quote]

I did have to up date my firmwear. Iam at work right now iwill try to e-mail todd tonight
Dawn
Robbysmommyga

Post by Robbysmommyga »

msgriff wrote:Hi Ladies, I had problems getting the new update also (Windows XP). My computer did not recognize the Cricut software, so it would not let me use SCAL nor update my firmware. :o I uninstall the new update and reinstalled the original CDS, SCLA is working again...whew :D From what I understand, some people that are using SCAL are not having any problems with the new update.
Could you all help a sista' out and give instructions on what you did to get the updates and what program are you using, Windows XP or Vista? 8-) 8-)
I email Todd and this is the response I recieved from him:

Hi Cynthia

We are trying out the newer version. However it should still work as the update does not require any firmware updates to the cricut machine.

Sincerely
- Todd Simmons
http://www.craftedge.com

Although, I haven't tried it yet, too involved for me right now...all I want to do is to be able to CUT what I want to CUT without all of the hassle. I'll try later on in the day and see what happens.
Todd, I'm having the same problem. It cuts three lines through the image, like your trial version does. I hope we can find out if their is a fix soon. I was pretty bummed to waste so much paper this morning. And I don't have any more of that color (drat). Of course my problem not yours, but I am a bit upset I can't use my new $70 software. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm also lost on how to go back to the old firmware/update from pc.

Lisa
NELS

Post by NELS »

I haven't updated.. I cut using SCAL this morning.. Now I went to cut a card using my DSS. I have the cart SYI so I wanted to make a card using it and using the DSS I can make it the exact proportions I want. When I first pressed cut it told me I needed SYI cart.. My mistake so I took out the cart I had in there and put in SYI and now It won't cut. I am wondering if that could mean I have to do the update? Oh well, I shutting my computer down and rebooting to see if that will work. If I find I have to do the update to use DSS I will not be very happy. I hate the rigarmore.. of getting it all working right again. Here's hoping this works. I will be watching this post to see if you all get it worked out...Best of luck...
Crafty Cathy

Post by Crafty Cathy »

I'm also having the problem with lines cutting where they don't belong. Did not experience this before I updated CDS and also my firmware. Todd stated above that a firmware upgrade was not necessary, but I was prompted to do it. Now I can't use SCAL. DRAT! I'm in the middle of making Easter Treat Bags for the grandkids and wanted to cut their names and shadow it but can't. I'm SOOOO disappointed I didn't wait but only did so after the other MB said there were no problems with updating. I sent an email to support and am awaiting a "fix" to the problem. If anyone else having this problem finds the cure, please let us know!