update see separate post three w directions on how to save

For your help and questions
katg57

update see separate post three w directions on how to save

Post by katg57 »

Could someone give me simple directions for saving a shared svg and/or scut file?

In the shared files section, there are scut files of merged flourishes by Laurieinaz. I have the font in my font folder and know how to download fonts thanks to the wonderful folks who explained it in easy terms.

I need the information on what to do after I click on to download the shared file. When the download box comes up, do I click save to disk or open with? If I chose open with what do I chose?

Thank you. Kat

see third post for possible how to save
Last edited by katg57 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laurieinaz

Re: how to save a shared svg?

Post by Laurieinaz »

I'm no expert, but I would save it to your computer (make sure you note what file it's going into). You say you've got the font in your font folder. I'm assuming you mean, then, that it's installed. If so, then you just open the flie in SCAL and cut. If the font is not installed, you'll need to install it first. I keep mine in a font viewer program and find I have to install it before I open Sure Cuts. That way, the font is in the library and the image will come up on your mat when you open it. If it's not installed, you'll know it because the image won't come up. This applies, by the way, only to .scut flies. I believe that with .svg files the font is embedded in the actual file.

Does that make sense?
katg57

Re: how to save a shared svg?

Post by katg57 »

Okay, I think I figured it out.
To save:
1. Right click on the . file.
2. Left click on the save link.
3. Save to a folder you have set up for saved files.
4. Open SCA.
5. In SCA, go to File.
6. In SCA, go to Import.
7. In SCA, click on Import.
8. In SCA Import, locate the folder you have set up for saved files.
9. Click on . file you want to use.
10. When in your folder for saved files, you may have .svg files and all files. Check the down arrow on the right of the bottom to toggle between available files to be sure you see all files before downloading the file a second time.
11. The image may appear tiny and solid so click on it and drag to enlarge.
12. Use the file and if you make any changes, save it.

Did I get this right?
Thanks,
KatGreen
katg57

Re: update see separate post three w directions on how to save

Post by katg57 »

The directions are basically gathered from several posts on questions and responses that it took me several hours to read through to get everything. Thank you to all who posted with information so I could understand. Hope you all don't mind that I did one post with it all in one place. It isn't really information I created, just information I gleaned from the board. There were so many of you who shared that each post is not acknowledged individually because I foolishly didn't write it down as I went through, but trust me I could not have come up with this on my own and am grateful to each of you. It would take me another day or more to find the posts to list each poster, so if you want to, please list which part is yours so you can have proper credit. Again, thank you.
KatGreen