Inkscape for Mac

For your help and questions
savnrmemries

Inkscape for Mac

Post by savnrmemries »

Anyone have inkscape running on a Non-intel Mac? I'm trying to get it to run on a Mac G5 (pre-intel) OSx 10.4 and it's giving me an apple x11 not installed error when I try to start it up. I've installed and updated the most current x11, just curious if there are fixes out there for this.

TIA
Diana
joy2scrap

Re: Inkscape for Mac

Post by joy2scrap »

Not sure if this will help, but did you restart after update the x11? I installed the x11 and have been able to follow one of the tutorials on Inkscape on my mac. I think I had to restart before continuing.

I haven't done much with Inkscape beyond the tutorial. There was no problem or error message, tho. I cut out a welded "easter". It was pretty easy.
savnrmemries

Post by savnrmemries »

:) Well I tried this as well as reinstalling both X11 & inkscape. I have a message on the inkscape site in the hopes that someone there could help me, but it's not looking good. I think it has something to do with the display file, but I don't know where to find it yet. I did find one other person that has the same problem, but I don't think it was solved for him yet either. Maybe with the new release? I'll keep researching.

Thanks
Diana

joy2scrap wrote:Not sure if this will help, but did you restart after update the x11? I installed the x11 and have been able to follow one of the tutorials on Inkscape on my mac. I think I had to restart before continuing.

I haven't done much with Inkscape beyond the tutorial. There was no problem or error message, tho. I cut out a welded "easter". It was pretty easy.
savnrmemries

Post by savnrmemries »

I solved my problem by myself (not exactly sure how) ... I downloaded older versions of both X11 and Inkscape and am now working fine. I'm fairly current in my software version, but I think there may have a bug in the build I was using. All seems to work fine now. Keep your fingers crossed that it still works next time I reboot the system!!

Diana