SVG viewer built in to make it easier to "see" what we have.

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
hope9811

SVG viewer built in to make it easier to "see" what we have.

Post by hope9811 »

I'd love a one screen format (like windows)...instead of individual boxes for font, cutting mat, etc. Mine won't stay exactly where I place them so I have to adjust a little each time I open the program.

I'd also LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to have an SVG viewer built right into the program to make it easier to "see" exactly what images we have.

Thanks,
Heidi
grammakd

Re: SVG viewer built in to make it easier to "see" what we have.

Post by grammakd »

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A SVG VIEWER!!!!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
Karen
Sandi

Post by Sandi »

Be careful what you wish for, lol. There IS INDEED an svg viewer available for free download.....

http://www.examotion.com/index.php?id=p ... nload&L=11

On this website, you'll want to choose which viewer to d/l Since I have Windows, I chose the third selection from the top - the Windows Thumbnail / File Explorer Plug-In. Quick d/l, easy install, and once that's done I save all my svg files to a special folder on my computer. Opening that file with 'view by thumbnails' (you know how to do that, correct?) all your svg files can then be previewed..... as thumbnails.
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

I know a lot of people have been using this viewer, apparently with no problems.

However, my own experience was not so good. It worked fine for about a week and then I started having problems. Every time I would try to open a folder containing svg files it would give me an error message and shut down my window. After a few times of this happening, I viewed the details in the error report that windows generates. I can't remember exactly where it was but I saw the word "renesis" and something about application incompatibility. So, I uninstalled and have had no problems since.

I loved the program while it worked for me. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, did you find a way to resolve the problem?

I'd truly love to reinstall this viewer!
hope9811

Post by hope9811 »

My experience with the SVG viewer Renesis was awful...that's why I wanted one build into the program. The SVG viewer caused my computer to crash and I lost everything. After reading a lot about people having problems with this viewer, when I started reinstalling EVERYTHING, I did NOT reinstall the SVG viewer. I've had no problems since. I don't know why some can use it and other not, but I'm one of the ones that it caused horrific problems for....so.....

Heidi
CalSue_53

Post by CalSue_53 »

Yes, the viewer seems like a must-have. Would make things so much easier.

Sue Phillips in So. Calif.
celestemlombas

Post by celestemlombas »

I've had problems with it. I found out it is because I have 64 bit and not .32 bit. I am so aggrevated with this 64 bit but that is how my new laoptop my fiance bought me is
scrappinkay

Post by scrappinkay »

there is a windows plug-in that you can download that allows you to view your SVG's. I've been using it for about a month and have had no problems.

http://www.avenza.com/svg/downloadviewer.html
pated43

Post by pated43 »

There is also a free program from Craft Edge called SCAL Lib It Up it can package up to 10 SVG files into a single library file, but I've been using it to view files. I have a MAC, it works could be better but it works.
Judy