Bragging on forum member

General discussion about scrapbooking
penny

Bragging on forum member

Post by penny »

I don't often post here. This is an event I have to share:
I got to meet a fellow forum member!!! And I get to brag on her!!
I live in Las Vegas. I met Linda through another forum. She immediately told me I was in the wrong place. And I was. Now I'm here on this obviously better forum!!
Linda also lives in Las Vegas. And oddly, we live in the same part of the city!!
I got to meet Linda on Saturday. I got to go to her house, oogle her stash, and learn how to use Inkscape from an expert.
She is the very best!!!
I was so lost!! :oops:
And tonight I got to use Inkscape for the first time, correctly, and I actually made, all on my own, an image I actually cut out!!
I am very proud of myself!! I am also very thankfull for her willingness to teach a total beginner how to use this magical program and how to make it's magic work.
She not only showed me how Inkscape works, she showed me where to go to get things and gave me a hugely wonderful gift. I now have enough places to go and things to cut I will never, ever cut them all!!!
Linda is the greatest!!! She is not only an expert teacher on Inkscape and SCAL, she is a truly wonderful person. This kind of nice we don't find often in our lives. If you know her, you know what I mean. She is what we call a "dear". If you don't know her, get to know her. Soon. You'll never regret it.
Thank you Linda!!!!
Now what was it you wanted embroidered where?
Penny
Tingha Treasures

Re: Bragging on forum member

Post by Tingha Treasures »

I also know Linda though we email over afar distance! It would be a great dream to meet in person! She sends me the greatest links and info. Thank you Linda :D
lkc

Post by lkc »

Thanks for sharing such an upbeat note...kindness doesn't cost us but it repays great dividends!
What a nice experience!

Happy Cutting!
Laura :D
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

Thank you for your kind words Penny and Tingha. I am the one who is reaping the benefits of two new friendships. But in the meantime my head is swelled so big from your kind words, I will never make it out of my craft room since my head won't fit thru the door. Now get cutting ladies!
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

WELCOME!! wow!! im glad you guys found eachother! glad she got you to the right spot!!
penny

Post by penny »

The links she sends me are the greatest! I already had a good sized paper stash....now I have to find another place where I can put papers. Oh goody!!!
I am more of a smocking/machine embroidery person...but she's sent me so much great stuff to cut and places to go to find great stuff to cut and just wonderful papers, that now I'm considering designing my own hang tags, cut of course, to go with the pretty dresses and things.
Some of you may know me from another forum and my ongoing Elmo search. Well...I now have enough Elmo stuff to send to Alaska that I have to add two more boxes to the to be mailed stack. One will be of nothing but scrapbook layouts and cards, and,and,and,.....(maybe I'm gonna need 3? :oops:
and it's all Linda's fault....(that's what I told the husband...that's my story and I'm stickin with it)

Oh, your head is big Linda??!!! You made mine so full I'm having difficulty gettng it wrapped back around thread and fabric....I've got paper on my mind!!! :lol:
Penny
sweet ting

Post by sweet ting »

I am so jealous, i hope I find someone in New York that knows inkscape
i have been searching.

very Uplifting story.

Sweet ting
Pooky37

Post by Pooky37 »

did someone mention "embroidered" by machine or by hand?
I also do both, cross stitch, crochet, knit, and my new cricut that my sister
bought me for this Christmas. OH! yes, a early gift, she bought one also, and
we are learning together. ;) ;)
Sharen
aka: Pooky37
NutSew

Post by NutSew »

i wish someone would brag on me but i guess i've bragged all night about my new cover i ordered from theinternet. ha ha ha