I'm scared

For your help and questions
nana

I'm scared

Post by nana »

I just got an Expression and want SCAL but reading all the posts about computer freeze, loosing data etc. I am afraid it will mess up my computer. My husband would kill me...well not really but I certainly don't want to listen to him complain about it. What is everyone's experience with it. Thanks.
Tingha Treasures

Re: I'm scared

Post by Tingha Treasures »

I guess the problems are here because thats what the forums for? :o
Personally I have had no problems that were not my own doing. :D

Perhaps others can comment Im using windows XP service pack 3 as my operating system.
I have my Expression plugged directly into my usb port not through a hub.
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

I haven't had any problems either - also using XP SP3 and a direct connection.

Lora
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I bought a new Expression and I was so excited about SCAL. I installed SCAL on a computer here at work(Windows), updated the firmware, installed the USB driver and in no time I was cutting. How cool is that.
I get my laptop (Vista), install SCAL and nothing. I was so bummed. It took me and a good friend to figure out what was going on, but now everything is fine. I don't get the freezing, I don't have to turn off my machine between cuts. SCAL is the best and I wouldn't worry about your machine or the software. You might have some problems in the beginning, but there is enough information here so that you will probably figure it out.
Once you have SCAL, the possibilities are endless.
Todd
kelsie94

Post by kelsie94 »

I have SCAL on two computers. One computer (at work) has my baby bug hooked to it, my other computer (at home) has my expression hooked up to it. It's been great!! Take the plunge......you won't regret it!
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

Wish I could bring my baby bug to work but I haven't figured out how to pull that off (especially the plugging it up and cutting).

Maybe one day....
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
jsnstarprncss

Post by jsnstarprncss »

I have my SCAL on My husband's Vista OS and Inkscape on both (other lappy is Mac). I haven't run bootcamp but I think someone on here has and they haven't had any problems that I can read...

We moved our SCAL off XP because the comp was a dud and we had to get rid of it which is why we have Vista now--I HATE Vista...always have and was not happy about getting but it seems to handle SCAL just fine!
~Ashley
Psalm 113:3 Creations
kelsie94

Post by kelsie94 »

AnointedHands wrote:Wish I could bring my baby bug to work but I haven't figured out how to pull that off (especially the plugging it up and cutting).

Maybe one day....

Haha, I guess that sounded kinda funny, being able to hook it up at work, but I own my own business so I can play whenever I want to. Wish everyone else on here could as well!! What a happier world it would be, heehee!
betsydesigns

Post by betsydesigns »

I have scal installed on laptop running vista and no problems at all it cuts like a dream
verymarried

Post by verymarried »

Running XP and scal the only problem I've had is sometimes the cut stops before it's done, so I have to cut another, but other than that I haven't had any problems. I just turn off the expression and turn it back on and it'll cut the next image without any problems.