where I can find svg files?

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
AnointedHands

Re: where I can find svg files?

Post by AnointedHands »

mydiecuts wrote:A better link to MyDieCuts is this:

This shows the 116 projects that have svg files 8-)

If you have an svg that you would like to share with other cutter owners, you can upload your svg on MyDieCuts!

Dan
MyDieCuts site owner
Dan, not trying to steal any files but I saw the Princess Crown file posted on this site and I noticed that it was not fully welded. I welded the part and put it back on this site. If that is a problem, I will remove it. Link included below for my post.

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=106
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
susibi

Post by susibi »

A word of uncalled for advice -
1. If you share a file only post it on one Forum; sharing the same file on multiple forums can cause confusion as to where the file actually originated. When you create a file mark it © the year and your name plus any special requests ( personal use only etc)

2. Rather than sharing a trace of a dingbat ( bit of a cheek in my opinion) AND it's not an original work but a derivative why not publish a picture of your image and give a link to where you got the dingbat ; this also creates less confusion.

3. If you share freely be prepared to have your files stolen. Whether you believe it or not even the most basic template has commercial value in someone's greedy little eyes: up to a year ago I designed and shared templates freely just for the pleasure of doing so. Someone who knew my work mailed me to say she'd found my free files from the site I work with on a CD on EBay. I contacted the owners - they took the CD off sale. Another 57 of my files were found on 2 other CDs and I was even offered one as a free download from another site ( obviously with my copyright carefully erased!). Now - being a nasty person- I decided that if anyone was going to make money from my files I'd rather it was me so now I only design purchaseware files . So be warned- the advent of SCAL really has opened up a new market for the unscrupulous 'out to make an easy buck' section of the crafting community.

Harsh but sadly true - if you have files that you are particularly proud of share a picture but not the file.
Susibi :cry:
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

When you create a file mark it © the year
To make a copyright legal, you have to register it. I'm sure there are many places where you can register a copyright with the federal government, and they are easily found on the web. It costs some money to copyright an item. To my knowledge, I don't think you can just arbitrarily use the copyright symbol next to something and have the item legally copyrighted to you. If someone were to create a design just like yours, copied or not, I don't think you'd have any legal grounds to stand on to say you own the design if you do not have it legally copyrighted.
susibi

Post by susibi »

I write tutorials and design templates; they are my orginal work therefore my copyright and bear the © the date and my name, you do not need permission to do this . I am protecting my Intellectual Property rights and you do not need to register copyright for it to be legally binding so long as you can show proof that it is in fact your original work.Copyright does not protect 'styles, ideas or techniques'.

If I design something here in Italy and find that someone in the US is selling my template under their name then I can take them to court as they are violating my copyright.
Susibi :D