Not getting response

For your help and questions
Createinspain

Not getting response

Post by Createinspain »

Hi,

I'm putting a message on here in the hope I actually will get some response, which so far I am not getting from Craftedge.

Using the latest V5 Pro and the Silver Bullet Platinum, there is one problem that has been intermittent throughout the versions of SCAL 5 and has been an issue since late last year.

I use the wrench to assign scorelines to my designs on the second tool, all the indications are correct, check settings and all ok, but when I do go to score, I find the setting has ALTERED itself to 'custom' instead of my preset scorelines. I think it happens when scorelines are grouped with other lines. It still uses the left tool but abandons the pressure setting that I gave my scorelines in the first place.

This is extremely irritating. I can't use cut by colour either for the scorelines as it still does the same thing. As someone who has used SCAL for years, done many videos on it's use, I am not happy and i can't do any more videos using it if it won't work properly - not unless my subscribers want to hear my extreme frustration!

Sandra
Createinspain
SandyMcC

Re: Not getting response

Post by SandyMcC »

I remember you posting before about this but I also noticed you now mention having score lines grouped with other lines. So, I just created a circle for one side/head of my Skycut and then two score lines assigned to the other side/head. Then I grouped all of it and made a duplicate. I then assigned one side to a pressure of 1 and the other to a pressure of 70 so that it would be crystal clear if both sides used the same pressure. I also assigned one side to 2 passes and very different speeds. But everything worked perfectly, so it's specific to the Silver Bullet and MAY require Brandon to have one for testing. I would have Sherri reach out to him about this since she's the remaining SB dealer, unless the woman in Australia is still selling them. Seems like Sherri would be highly motivated to seeing this fixed, right?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Createinspain

Post by Createinspain »

You'd think she would be interested..but I have no contact with Sherri since my machine came from the UK. It's an issue that has cropped up and been resolved before- I think the latest Mac IOS messed things up...
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I downloaded the 5.029 update yesterday which I believe is fairly recent. Just wanted to make sure you knew that it was out. Fingers crossed that maybe the fix has been made. If not, if I were you, I'd go post this on the Silver Bullet forum to see if more SCAL users will complain to Craft Edge and/or Sherri about it. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have the software working according to what you need, especially if it was working in a prior SCAL5 update. Good luck!
Sandy McCauley
Createinspain

Post by Createinspain »

Hi Sandy,

As it happens I have been busy and not checked the forum (and Brendan hadn't mentioned anything) so I checked the site just now and found it.....fingers crossed! I might be playing tonight or just cussing...::)

EDIT - no change to that problem at all. I'm getting very annoyed.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

So sorry to read this! It reminds me of a bug that's in Make The Cut with one of the KNK models. Everything worked great with PNC until a new model of KNK was added to the KNK Plugin. Then the older KNK's stopped doing PNC's correctly, even though they had always worked correctly AND they were a different model to select in the menu. The owner of MTC just wouldn't fix it even though this had been an identified bug several years before, during KNK testing, AND had been fixed before release. So, he knew what caused it but just wouldn't get around to fixing it. So, I had to keep the prior plugin available for anyone with the older KNK model and instruct them to reinstall it instead of the latest one. And I had to do this over and over and over and over with each customer posting for help. I guess MY time wasn't worth much as much as his. :(
Sandy McCauley
Createinspain

Post by Createinspain »

Well if it does not get fixed soon, I will have no choice but to make a video that makes it plain that SCAL does not play nice with anyone using a Platinum and a Mac. I don't want to do that but this is getting ridiculous. I have a great machine but the software is not allowing me to use it to best advantage...
Createinspain

Post by Createinspain »

I THINK I may have got it working!

I got so fed up yesterday I was just about ready to throw a tantrum..I asked hubby about going back to the old IOS and he said it would cause more problems with other things.. so it was back to the drawing board.

In the end I decided to uninstall, clean up and re install. I didn’t stick to just throwing the app in the trash, did a deep dive to find hidden caches and preferences.

NB - I did make sure to copy all my design files elsewhere, and ensure I had my key to hand first!

So after all that, I did some testing and it appears to be working..I will be testing more over the next few days, but fingers crossed! I still can’t get it to delete a custom preset that I mis spelled, but I can live with that.

Sandra
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Congrats!!! That's very good news!
Sandy McCauley
Createinspain

Post by Createinspain »

Nope. Up to old tricks again. Worked for a few minutes, then wham! Back to playing up. It's like it is learning preferences but then when you use something else, it gets dementia....