Problem cutting lines with "gaps"/"tabs" in SCUT3 w/ eCraft

obleck

Re: Problem cutting lines with "gaps"/"tabs" in SCUT3 w/ eCr

Post by obleck »

Sandy, did you ever get my resent file? I sent it to both emails.
Thanks!
obleck

Re: Problem cutting lines with "gaps"/"tabs" in SCUT3 w/ eCr

Post by obleck »

Hello,

It's been a while, but I am still dealing with the same problem. To review:

-craftwell ecraft, machine works fine.
-SCAL5, registered
-some path with a good number of nodes

When I assign a solid line to the path, it cuts fine, sometimes continuously and sometimes in little chirps but accurately (though slow).

When I assign a "gapped" line (e.g. say 300 cut, 3 gap), I get gaps all over the place, way more than the 300-5 assigned to the path.

Looking at the preview, it appears that the software MAY be starting a new "sub-path" associated with every node since there is a gap roughly between each pair of nodes. In other words, when the software is calculating where to put the gaps, it essentially starts over every time it hits a node, or something of the sort. Make sense??

Furthermode, earlier in this thread I posted screen shots of places where it literally is losing path segments when "gapped".

I've attached two partial screen shots. One is the path with the 300-5 gapped line in the layer (this looks okay), and the second is the preview with "show nodes" turned on. You can see the errant gaps between each pair of nodes, and in fact the proper gaps aren't even there.

HELP!! What am I missing here? Is this a general software error, or ecraft specific? Something wrong with my file or settings? Anyone seen this before? Is there a workaround?
Path with proper gaps
Path with proper gaps
path_with_gaps.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
Preview of actual cut
Preview of actual cut
path_preview.jpg (13.17 KiB) Viewed 1719 times