Cant use Pro v5 on 2 Titan2 at once?

For your help and questions
stencilsmadeeasy

Cant use Pro v5 on 2 Titan2 at once?

Post by stencilsmadeeasy »

Hi took all day to get here lol...
But now Im in thx you Admins

I just upgraded to Pro v5 and I purchased another Uscutter Titan2.. the Problem is I cant control both at the same time in fact Im using USB on both and it flips flops to the machine thats turned on first
I need to be able to control both within this program I just paid for. I have a third Uscutter that I can use simultaneously with another cutter that ones a Uscutter MH series but I select that cutter and it works.

How can I control both machines at the same time Ive tried to select
cutter/ cut with uscutter/ connection USB/ Port 1-99 cant seem to either to do anything other than auto detect .

Device Manager
usb printing support Location 0000.001d.0007.003.000.000.000.000.000
usb printing support Location Port_#0002.Hub_#0001
usb printing support Location Port_#0001.Hub_#0001

Ive been messing with this for a few days I really need to be able to control both Im just disappointed right now hopefully someone can set me straight.
i really like pro I dont want to have to use vinylmaster after I spent the money on Pro V5.

I hope I didnt ramble to much please HELP..
SandyMcC

Re: Cant use Pro v5 on 2 Titan2 at once?

Post by SandyMcC »

Two things...

(1) Are you opening a second instance of SCAL? I wouldn't try just having different project tabs within the same instance, but actually opening it again.

(2) I woudn't use Auto for the USB connection but actually figure out which Com Port represents each connection. Then, in the Cut Settings window, make sure you select the correct one from the drop-down menu.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
stencilsmadeeasy

First off thanks for the reply.
1)Yes i opened a second instance for this not just a tab.
2)it gives you the options of com1 threw 99 com1 test crashes the app 2 threw 99 believe it or not i patiently tried them consecutively (sad face)

I posted my usb printer support as they are associated with both cutters from my device manager.

Device Manager
usb printing support Location 0000.001d.0007.003.000.000.000.000.000
usb printing support Location Port_#0002.Hub_#0001
usb printing support Location Port_#0001.Hub_#0001

2 of the 3 are actually i believe to be the location of both machines thx again for the reply and help i need it to work
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I'm afraid this is beyond my ability to help because I only use Wi-Fi cutters that are assigned their own separate IP addresses.

But if I were in your situation, I would do ALL of the following:

(1) Contact the company which sold you the Titan2 to find out how to do this since it seems it would apply to most any other cutting program, plus it's their job to provide exactly this kind of support

(2) Submit a support ticket to the developer of SCAL using this link: http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.php

(3) Search for a Titan2 forum and ask users there. In general, I find the smartest and most experienced cutters owners at forums (actual users) versus the people who sell cutters.

(4) Search on Facebook for a group dedicated to Titan2. There are a LOT of really large and active vinyl cutting groups on Facebook and that's where everyone hangs out now helping people in cases like yours. Again, this is where you'll find the smart people.

Meanwhile, I think my Wif-Fi Skycut cutters hook up via USB. I'll see if I can figure out how to cut to both from different instances of SCAL later today and see if I make any headway. But your best bet is to try (1) - (4) above.
Sandy McCauley
stencilsmadeeasy

Hi and yet thx again for your reply..
1)Did that they suggested I use a alternative program for cutting viola works ... Paid for surecutsalot to not use it...
2) Also did that no reply to different email accounts used on different days no replies all spam filters checked.. No phone tech support number disappointing...
3)I was suggested to use a different program.. and it works However I also Paid for this and I like the features it offers to work.. since I paid for it..
4) didn't find a specific group that focused on the Titan2 and that doesn't mean it doesn't exist only that i didn't find it...

Anyways thanks for the replies Ive learned a lesson about customer support for sure...
I have been able to use both cutters at the same time by using a different plotter program I wont plug it by saying its name I just wish I didn't have this sour taste in my mouth from this surecutsalot..
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

This is one of the Facebook groups that has users of the Titan cutters, in case you need other help:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vinylcuttingforum/

I'm sorry you did not get a prompt response from Craft Edge regarding your issue. Good luck with your new software. And yeah... it appears when I tested it today that you cannot use Direct USB on two different cutters from SCAL at the same time. It has to be a USB-serial type connection in order to select different COM ports.
Sandy McCauley