Setting Up 2 Parallel Rows Of Words To Be Cut On Vinyl Roll

For your help and questions
Wind Gatherer

Setting Up 2 Parallel Rows Of Words To Be Cut On Vinyl Roll

Post by Wind Gatherer »

I set the origin point close to right hand corner of vinyl but why is word, THE, so far, almost 4 inches away from the side of the vinyl? As you can see, is quite a lot of waste. That said I did cut off the larger section, as might come in useful for future projects.
I have four words to cut out, the height of word THE including line squares is 29cm the width of vinyl roll is 60cm. If I reduce the size of the line up squares and the height of THE I can still maintain an effective word size. I could then maximize the economical use of the vinyl by having one word under the other. I'm wondering about boarder size or whatever I should leave to do this and still not sure about this setting of the origin point in regarding setting up to cut two words parallel to each other?
I'd like to know the procedure to reduce size of word THE and have word HIT under it, all letters of both words the same height. Is there some way to apply a template to fit all four words so letters all same height and 2 words under each other on mat and can cut from vinyl roll?
Thanks.
Attachments
DSCN3618 (Small).JPG
DSCN3618 (Small).JPG (99.83 KiB) Viewed 5735 times
DSCN3616 (Small).JPG
DSCN3616 (Small).JPG (93.26 KiB) Viewed 5735 times
DSCN3615 (Small).JPG
DSCN3615 (Small).JPG (83.8 KiB) Viewed 5735 times
Wind Gatherer

Re: Setting Up 2 Parallel Rows Of Words To Be Cut On Vinyl R

Post by Wind Gatherer »

More pics
Attachments
Scal 2 (Small).jpg
Scal 2 (Small).jpg (88.23 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
SCAL 1 (Small).jpg
SCAL 1 (Small).jpg (88.21 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
DSCN3621 (Small).JPG
DSCN3621 (Small).JPG (109.33 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

There are different settings which control where something will cut. Also, depending on which cutter you own, the aligning origin might be based on the location of the blade tip or the location of something else on your cutter, such as a laser light. Based on your screenshot, however, that little square in the upper right corner, should be cut at the origin regardless of whether you have WYSIWYG or Origin Point selected in the Cut Settings window, since that shape is positioned at the origin on the screen, based on you being in Landscape mode.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

OK I'll look more into aligning two line of text on Wednesday and will get back to the forum saying how I got on.
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

SandyMcC wrote:There are different settings which control where something will cut. Also, depending on which cutter you own, the aligning origin might be based on the location of the blade tip or the location of something else on your cutter, such as a laser light. Based on your screenshot, however, that little square in the upper right corner, should be cut at the origin regardless of whether you have WYSIWYG or Origin Point selected in the Cut Settings window, since that shape is positioned at the origin on the screen, based on you being in Landscape mode.
Sorry got held up will try to look into this Sunday.
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

I've installed Win 10 upgrade learning my way around it,hence the delay.
To make economic use of my vinyl, 24 inches wide. I'm intending to cut two words under each other. I open word THE, then enlarged size of cutting mat and repositioned THE a little. I tried to run a 2nd SCAL so could open word HIT and copy and paste it onto new enlarged mat, didn't work.
How can I copy HIT word that is in a saved project, copy and past it into new project?
Thanks.
Attachments
SCAL 6th May 2019 B.jpg
SCAL 6th May 2019 B.jpg (198.05 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
SCAL 6th May 2019 A.jpg
SCAL 6th May 2019 A.jpg (244.8 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Since you're using SCAL5, you can just use File>Open to open another SCUT5 file and then copy/paste your design over to the first file. You'll see tabs for your two projects here:
D1.PNG
D1.PNG (5.61 KiB) Viewed 5708 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

OK brilliant! Thanks, will look into on Thursday.
ebonylorange

Post by ebonylorange »

Its a new topics for mine so i read it fully and learn something .
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

SandyMcC wrote:Since you're using SCAL5, you can just use File>Open to open another SCUT5 file and then copy/paste your design over to the first file. You'll see tabs for your two projects here:
The attachment D1.PNG is no longer available
I've done this but the second word, HIT didn't quite work out could you have a look at screenshots and advise please?
Screenshot 1 Started a new project, so can line up two words to maximize use of vinyl roll.
screenshot 2 Open project - word THE, edit, select all, copy.
Screenshot 3 Open new project, edit, paste in place.
Screenshot 4 Move word THE off mat onto clipboard.
Screenshot 5 Open project - word HIT, edit, select all, copy.
Screenshot 6 Paste into place in new project ( dual row of words ) n
Screenshot 7 Reposition word HIT, the little line up squares are smaller than the originals I copied.
Thanks. More screenshots in next posts.
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (89.37 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
6 .jpg
6 .jpg (93.02 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (93.55 KiB) Viewed 5603 times