Altering Horizontal And Vertical Width Of Letters

For your help and questions
Wind Gatherer

Altering Horizontal And Vertical Width Of Letters

Post by Wind Gatherer »

I'd like the vertical and horizontal letter components to have a width of 2 3/8"
I've looked at the font preview option but can't find any that width.

So do I need to alter the width of the letters manually and if so, what would be the procedure to do this?

I know it might seem lazy, but I thought would be quicker to find this out by asking here, than going through various resources. We have an expression here in the UK, straight from the horses mouth.
OK thank you :)
Attachments
SCAL Forum A2.jpg
SCAL Forum A2.jpg (92.04 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
SCAL Forum A1.jpg
SCAL Forum A1.jpg (90.11 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
SandyMcC

Re: Altering Horizontal And Vertical Width Of Letters

Post by SandyMcC »

What font are you using? I can probably come up with a method using Inset Shadowing to "thin the letters" so that you wouldn't need to do so much manual editing. But I need to start with what YOU have. Or maybe just save your file as it is now (the desired final height and width) and post it here. And I'll play around and then explain what I would do. You can also email the file to me at smccauley45@cox.net.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Wind Gatherer

Re: Altering Horizontal And Vertical Width Of Letters

Post by Wind Gatherer »

SandyMcC wrote:What font are you using? I can probably come up with a method using Inset Shadowing to "thin the letters" so that you wouldn't need to do so much manual editing. But I need to start with what YOU have. Or maybe just save your file as it is now (the desired final height and width) and post it here. And I'll play around and then explain what I would do. You can also email the file to me at smccauley45@cox.net.
Have replied to your email address.