Positioning Of Words

For your help and questions
Wind Gatherer

Positioning Of Words

Post by Wind Gatherer »

Seasons Greetings.

Very new to SCAL 5 and vinyl cutters. I have some foam board which has two card/paper faces and have been told reusable transfer tape is less likely to damage the paper, card backing. I'm going to cut the foam board into two 12" x 23" backing sign boards,for the words THE and HIT. I've set the SCAL cutting matt to the same dimensions as the foam board.
I entered the words and repositioned each word on the cutting mat and enlarged the text size to 11.40 inches.
My question is how do I make sure each word will be in exactly the same position on it relevant cutting mat, so when I cut and weed the words I can line up properly with each other?
As you can see I removed the background grid.
I feel I might not have explained very clearly but I hope you get the gist of what I mean?
I attach some screenshots, see can only attach 3 at once, will attach couple more in Pt 2.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (86.58 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (82.82 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (82.75 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
SandyMcC

Re: Positioning Of Words

Post by SandyMcC »

Just to clarify... "HIT" will be on one board and "THE" will be on the second board? If that's the case, then are you wanting each word to be perfectly centered on that board? I'm not fully envisioning the final product.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

SandyMcC wrote:Just to clarify... "HIT" will be on one board and "THE" will be on the second board? If that's the case, then are you wanting each word to be perfectly centered on that board? I'm not fully envisioning the final product.
Merry Christmas :)

"
Just to clarify... "HIT" will be on one board and "THE" will be on the second board? If that's the case, then are you wanting each word to be perfectly centered on that board? Yes and each word on each board perfectly lined up in relation to each other?
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Here's how I would do it:

(1) Make your on-screen mat dimensions the same as your cut foam board. In other words, create a custom mat that is 12 x 23.

(2) Place your words where you want them to be. For example, I selected each word and, with To Page (instead of To Selection) selected on the Position & Size Panel, I used the centering icons to center each one on the custom mat.

(3) Add 2 small squares and place them in two of the corners of your onscreen mat In the screen screenshot below, I placed a green square in the upper left corner and upper right corner.

(4) Cut out each word with the squares included. When applying the vinyl to your foam board, make sure those 2 squares are aligned in the corners. Your words will them end up on the foam board in the same locations as on the custom mat in SCAL. Then peel off the squares.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.72 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
Sandy McCauley
Wind Gatherer

Post by Wind Gatherer »

Ah, that's a great help, thank you so much:)
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome!
Sandy McCauley