Scal pro 5 freezes

For your help and questions
M0stdiehatin

Scal pro 5 freezes

Post by M0stdiehatin »

Just got new laptop windows 10 i7 processor 1tb hard drive 8gbram used to do tshirts two years ago using sure cuts alot pro 3 that came with my uscutter laser point 2 i just finishing upgrading to scal pro 5. When i click on cut the program crashes it also doesnt move my rollers or blade when i click test connection, printer pops up as "prolific usb-to-serial comm port(com4)" under device manager. Any help please ?
SandyMcC

Re: Scal pro 5 freezes

Post by SandyMcC »

Try reinstalling the driver. To this:

(1) Unplug the USB cable and then go to this link and, in the far right column on the first row of the table, click on "setup executable": https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

(2) After extracting from the zip and running the exe, reboot Windows.

(3) Wait/Wait/Wait for Windows to full come back up and then plugin the USB cable for your cutter. Windows should then find it and install.

(4) Try again the Connection button in SCAL5.

Report back what happens.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
M0stdiehatin

Post by M0stdiehatin »

Installed driver still no luck , when i open scal pro 5 it works fine till i click the cut option.
My cutter options are : Model laserpoint II , Connection Serial (com) , Port COM4 (prolific usb-to-serial)
When i click testconnection or cut the whole program crashes and im forced to force close it.

Any other options ?
M0stdiehatin

Post by M0stdiehatin »

No luck with that driver sandymcc , when i open scal pro 5 it runs fine until i go into cut option. Under model it has my right printer Laserpoint 2 when i set connection to serial (com) then set my port to com4 (prolific usb-to-serial) it then freezes when i try test connection or just hit the cut button. The program doesnt freeze when i dont set my connection or port i can hit test connection but doesnt do anything. Any other way ?
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Go to Cutter>Cutter Settings. Is the Baud Rate set correctly to match what your cutter has set? I know if there's a mismatch with the brands I support, then nothing will happen.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
M0stdiehatin

Post by M0stdiehatin »

When i click cutter then click on settings the buad is set to 9600 , im right clicking on Prolific usb-to-serial comm port (com4) under device manager because that's what pops up when i plug uscutter usb into my laptop i then click on propertiesthe port settingisset to 9600 bits per second. Are these the right setting ? Am i suppose to change connection to serialcom or leave it as usb under scal cutting options ? Im so lost i used scal pro 3 with no problems on a way older computer. Please help