SCAL 4

Common questions/answers for new users
bluechinook

SCAL 4

Post by bluechinook »

I am new to this forum and have searched to find out an answer to my problem with no luck.

I am trying to cut out letters on a specific size of vinyl (3.25x8"). I have created the size of "material" and placed underneath my letters to make sure that the letters will cut in the material and not elsewhere on the matt. I have placed my material on bottom of layers, locked and clicked off the eye so that it will not be cut. My material is placed top right corner of matt (and this is same on layer).

When I go to online and cut - the silverbullet starts to cut 3"below where my letters should start cutting at.

I did read somewhere in the forum to create a new page - which I did and I still have the same cutting problem.

I'm hoping that someone could give some advice.
Thanks.
SandyMcC

Re: SCAL 4

Post by SandyMcC »

I don't own a Silver Bullet but I'm very familiar with the KNK Maxx and Maxx Air, both of which were made at the same Foison factory in China as the Silver Bullet and are based on the same machine. The first thing to check is whether you're in Landscape orientation or Portrait orientation and then, in the Cut Settings window, whether you have WYSIWYG mode selected or Origin Point mode. Then, if you look at the preview window, it should show you where the shapes will cut relative to the cutter. Also, where the shapes get cut also depends on where you set the origin. And are you setting the origin using the laser light or the where the tip of the blade is located?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
bluechinook

Post by bluechinook »

Sandy,

My page set up is portrait, have WYSIWG selected. I have set my origin point to the blade point on bottom rh corner of matt - not to the bottom rh corner of my material.

I will try setting origin point to material and let you know how it goes.

Thanks
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

The fastest way to "fix this" is to switch to Origin Point mode instead of WYSIWYG. But move everything to the lower right corner on the screen and move the vinyl to align with the lower right corner of the material. Set your origin using the tip of the blade just inside the lower right corner of the vinyl... not at the tippity-tip but just inside so that the blade doesn't cut down to the very edge of the vinyl. Try that.

Then,as a test to figure out what's happening, insert the test pen into your SB and again put some paper on the mat and again, move everything to the lower right corner. Try WYSISYG mode again and see what happens. Also, it's possible you should be using the laser light to set the origin in WYSIWYG mode on the SB... it varies from one cutter to the next whether you use the laser light or the blade tip for setting the origin.
Sandy McCauley
bluechinook

Post by bluechinook »

SandyMcC wrote:The fastest way to "fix this" is to switch to Origin Point mode instead of WYSIWYG. But move everything to the lower right corner on the screen and move the vinyl to align with the lower right corner of the material. Set your origin using the tip of the blade just inside the lower right corner of the vinyl... not at the tippity-tip but just inside so that the blade doesn't cut down to the very edge of the vinyl. Try that.

Then,as a test to figure out what's happening, insert the test pen into your SB and again put some paper on the mat and again, move everything to the lower right corner. Try WYSISYG mode again and see what happens. Also, it's possible you should be using the laser light to set the origin in WYSIWYG mode on the SB... it varies from one cutter to the next whether you use the laser light or the blade tip for setting the origin.
Sandy,
Thank you for the advice. I did use the origin point/blade tip for setting origin and it cut perfectly.
Rita
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! Glad you got it working!
Sandy McCauley