Problem accessing shapes in Library- Mac version

For your help and questions
Bladerunner

Problem accessing shapes in Library- Mac version

Post by Bladerunner »

downloaded SCAL 4 for Mac. I have been following the videos, etc on how to get started. However The Library shows folders for shapes but when I click on the folder, no shapes can be viewed. i can only see font choices. I can't seem to access the shapes in the library-only the fonts. Anyone else have this issue?
SandyMcC

Re: Problem accessing shapes in Library- Mac version

Post by SandyMcC »

Do you have the Shapes tab selected and then Basic Shapes selected... as shown below...

2017-03-29_071729.JPG
2017-03-29_071729.JPG (82.05 KiB) Viewed 4644 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Yes, I followed your instructions. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SCAL 4 twice. My MAC screen does not show a toggle whereby I could open the the files under the library file folder. It is interesting that all of the font files are there but none of the folders under Shapes.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Have you purchased SCAL and registered it? Perhaps there's no access to the Library until you own SCAL?
Sandy McCauley
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Yes, I purchased it and registered it as well. I purchased it at the same time I purchased my Zing Orbit. When I look at the "About Sure Cuts a Lot " on the bat of my Mac, it shows my full license number. Should I try to re register again and where would I Find that option?
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

To continue from my previous post: I removed the program from my Mac. Downloaded it again, and registered it on the Mac. (I found where I needed to register) I restarted the Mac and when I opened SCAL 4, the same screen for the Library shows. I can take a pic and send it to you if that helps. Can I include a pic in this post?
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Yes, please do include some screenshots! Since you are a new Zing Orbit owner, you're included in my direct support. We will get this figured out. I'll also need to know what kind of Mac you own and the O/S on it.
Sandy McCauley
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I had another thought... perhaps your computer didn't allow them to be installed for whatever reason. It's easy to check. Locate the Library folder which is under /Applications/Sure Cuts A Lot. Open it and see if the files are there. They would be called Arrows.scal, Basic Shapes.scal, Fall.scal etc. If those are missing, then I can zip them up from my computer and either email them to you or put them on my server for you to grab.
Sandy McCauley
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

My MacBook Pro is an older one but is running OS X version 10.6.8
All of those library files do show up under Applications/SCAL 4/ Library.
How do I upload those to SCAL4 Section that they need to be in?
It is interesting that the fonts show up but not the shapes.
Thanks for sticking with me.
I love the machine. I also purchased the course for SCAL 4 and I would like to follow it as presented, using the shapes from the library.
By the way when I take a pic with my iPad, it says my file is too big, so I am not sure how I can show you.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

If those files are located in that folder, then they should be showing up. I was hoping your computer simply blocked the files when you installed SCAL but apparently something else is going. Do you happen to see a folder calle My Designs on the left side where the Library should also be listed?

Sorry... I don't know how to resize a photo on a Mac or an IPad. I'm mostly a PC user. I have a Mac only for occasonally supporting KNK owners.

I will try contacting SCAL to see if there's a quick fix.

The fonts shows up because SCAL is justl loading whatever fonts you have installed on your computer. These fonts are not specific to the SCAL program, much in the same way your other applications, like Word or whatever, will show whatever fonts you have installed.
Sandy McCauley