Layers

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
pedwards2932

Layers

Post by pedwards2932 »

I am working with ecal 2 and inkscape. My project in inkscape has 2 layers. One layer is for the cut the other is for text. When I import the SVG with the 2 layers it only shows as one layer and I lose all the text. Do I have to create the text in a layer in ecal or should it be able to import the text layer? What I want to do is use the pen tool I have to draw in the text then use the cut layer to cut out each piece.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Layers

Post by HeatherM »

Did you convert the text to Path? It won't show up in eCAL if you don't. My versions of Inkscape and eCAL1 seem to work better if I use Path/Union on the text rather than Path/Convert to Path. HTH
pedwards2932

Post by pedwards2932 »

Thanks that worked. I selected the text then selected Path -> Object to Path. Then when I imported it to ecal2 the text layer shows up. Thanks a lot for the help.
pedwards2932

Post by pedwards2932 »

Another question on this. I am cutting balsa wood and it will probably work better on the 90 degree cuts that go across the balsa grain were cut separately. Can I set up the cut to do one layer first and then the other layer?