Improved registration marks for Cameo/SCAL4

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Improved registration marks for Cameo/SCAL4

Post by HeatherM »

I would like to have registration marks that don't waste more paper than Silhouette Studio uses (less waste would be even better, but the same would work). Would also like to have the option to have them visible on the virtual mat when I'm working on a file like SS does to make it easier to position the images/cutting lines.
talanhart

Re: Improved registration marks for Cameo/SCAL4

Post by talanhart »

Hello Heather!

It's good to see your post.
Todd
papasue

Post by papasue »

I've have used this tut a couple of times since I can show regmarks in inkscape. Give it a go and let us know if it works for you.

http://craftedge.com/tutorials/import_r ... gmarks.php
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Hi Todd and Susan. Thanks for the link Susan, but it wouldn't work for me with Inkscape and either eCAL (original, not 2) or SCAL4. Not sure if it would force the registration marks closer to my digis or if it would use the default settings anyway. I don't have AI on this computer to see if that makes a difference.
papasue

Post by papasue »

it works for me. Working in ecal only I made the outline/shadow the regmark Instead of using a rectangle and did better.Printed from ecal and got the reg marks showing. Does that make sense? I am attaching my ecal file, turn off the text and you can print the snowman with reg marks that my eclips recognizes.[

attachment=0]reposition regmark.scut4[/attachment]
Attachments
reposition regmark.scut4
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Susan, When I open your file in eCAL and SCAL4 (demo version) I get the standard registration marks around everything, including your text, not just around the snowman.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Heather, Oops .... I forgot to say that you have to turn off the txt layers in the layers panel in this file.
Susan E

eClips2.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Susan, It still doesn't work. The registration marks are outside the shape where they always are, not on the corners of the REGMARK layer.

I need the registration marks to be closer to the cutting lines, otherwise I'm wasting half of the paper, and while I've found a better and lower cost source for cardstock to use with my markers there is a part of me that has a problem with throwing away half of my supplies. I understand that Cameos waste more paper than the eClips, but SCAL3/SCAL4 wastes even more than Silhouette Studio and I can only get one image instead of the two that SS lets me cut in the same area.