Problems opening .scut2 & .scut3 files in SCAL 4 Pro

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
605Designs

Problems opening .scut2 & .scut3 files in SCAL 4 Pro

Post by 605Designs »

Hey guys, I've looked and looked and looked some more trying to figure out a solution to my problem. I've been doing vinyl for a few years now (just small stuff). Well I upgraded from SCAL2 to SCAL3 and eventually SCAL4 Pro. 95% of my designs were done when I first started with SCAL2. Now that I've upgraded, NONE of the .scut2 or .scut3 files will open in SCAL4 Pro. I've tried renaming the files with a .scut4 extension but still nothing. Now, when I say it won't open, I mean there is nothing on the file. It opens up in SCAL4 Pro but there are no images or anything. Just a blank template. Here are 2 pictures for reference. As you can see, the preview shows several images but in the 2nd picture, you will notice that there is nothing. It's completely blank. This happens with the scut2 file and the file that I renamed as a scut4 extension. I can't go back and redo hundreds of designs.... Any help??

papasue

Re: Problems opening .scut2 & .scut3 files in SCAL 4 Pro

Post by papasue »

If you want to post one of the scut2 files here I'll see if I can open in scal3 or pro. OR you can use the support form on the craftedge.com site and get the guru's involved.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
605Designs

Post by 605Designs »

ok, I'll try and post the file here.
Attachments
605 Designs Logo.scut2
My Logo File
(58.07 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

I dunno! I get the same result, not even an indication of any layers. I do not know if craftedge can help you recover the content of all those files but you could fill out a support request and see if they have a clue.....so sorry!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
605Designs

Post by 605Designs »

Its ok, If not, I think I still have SCAL 2 on my old laptop. I contacted their support team and they said they will get back with me. Thanks for the help!
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

If you still have scal 2 you could open your files there and export them as svg files. They should open fine in your updated software.
Stesha

Post by Stesha »

Hello! Did you get a solution to this? I have an amazing file from SCAL2 but will not open in SCal4 with any colors.
Thank you
Stesha
uelectr

Problems opening scut2 scut3 files in SCAL 4 Pro

Post by uelectr »

Sometimes opening an attachment dirctly from the mail programme doesnt work.
First "save as ..." the file to your harddisk.
Then you could do a virus scan.
Then you could try to open it ...
bunnyhop24

Post by bunnyhop24 »

Did you get a solution to this problem? I'm in exactly the same boat. I have thousands of files in SCAL2 that either won't open in SCAL4, or open but are all messed up! I need help asap! I use this for my vinyl business!