no way to edit registration mark settings?!??!

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
spearcarrier

no way to edit registration mark settings?!??!

Post by spearcarrier »

Okay. I just purchased my second copy of SCAL tonight. I had to return the other one for a refund because it proved to be imcompatible with my Pazzles. Man was that a mess. Anyway.

I plan to use SCAL with my Pazzles for regular cutting (the machine just sucks for anything else) and my Cameo for Print and cut.

I'm trying to print a page for my cameo.

But the registration marks are set to print WAY outside the printing margin. We're talking off the page.

I've worked with my cameo for a while now, so I know I have the planned objects well inside the page to allow for cameo's paper waste habit. And the registration marks are WAY beyond even that.

I've tried without any success to find an up to date tutorial on the matter, or a forum comment somewhere, or anything on how to change the print and cut registration mark settings so they'll, you know, actually print on the paper.

Help?
SandyMcC

Re: no way to edit registration mark settings?!??!

Post by SandyMcC »

Try going to Cutter > Cutter Settings.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
spearcarrier

Post by spearcarrier »

I did. I get a very simple menu with nothing in it about the registration marks.

I did notice that the registration marks automatically set themselves according to where the artwork is on the mat. But they're spaced CRAZY far away from the art so that I might as well just use my Silhouette software. BLAH!
milton

Registration Marks

Post by milton »

Hello i'm new using sure cuts a lot 4 can someone help me out.who can i fix a problem with my software i try to put the registration marks but it doesn't appear on my image when i go to the preview options i click the box but it doesn't show up.thanks
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (63.37 KiB) Viewed 11105 times
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

Which cutting machine do you have set in SCAL?
Based on the current mat shown in SCAL, you do not have it set to Silhouette.
ScrappyDew

Post by ScrappyDew »

craftedge wrote:Which cutting machine do you have set in SCAL?
Based on the current mat shown in SCAL, you do not have it set to Silhouette.
He's using the http://cuttingplotter.asc365.com/index.asp?ID=PD004000 The cutting settings say NA for registration marks. I'm assuming that means the cutter doesn't have the capability?..?
http://classroom.scrappydew.com/courses ... r-training - SCAL Classroom over 40+ Videos geared towards beginners.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Can the Cameo registration marks be adjusted in SCAL4? I can't even fit two digis and the registration marks on a half sheet with SCAL3 (compared to the 3 of comparable size in eCAL). I played with Design Studio yesterday and I do not like it! I was able to print 2 in DS, but only one digi per half page in SCAL isn't acceptable. I will upgrade to SCAL4 if the registration marks become adjustable like eCAL/DS.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

So I downloaded SCAL4, and I don't see anywhere to adjust the registration marks, and they take considerably more room than the current Design Studio uses. We need to either be able to adjust them, or they need to be made closer like DS. I like that they adjust automatically with the cut lines, but the excessive space is a deal breaker for me since I do more print and cut than anything else at this point and one digi per half page is not acceptable when I can get two of the same size on a half page in DS (and 3 in eCAL).