Ungrouping a file

kpattondesigns

Ungrouping a file

Post by kpattondesigns »

I imported an SVG file that I need to make some adjustments to.
1. How do I "ungroup" so I can manipulate each piece? (the "ungroup" function is not highlighted making it available to use)

2. I imported a Growth Ruler file (attacherd below) and the lines do not match to a measuring tape. How do make the lines correspond with the correct 16th, 1/4, 1/2 etc?

Thank you
kathy
Attachments
GrowthChart-Ruler (3).zip
(295.77 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
papasue

Re: Ungrouping a file

Post by papasue »

Hi, I downloaded the ruler file you posted assuming that it is the file you want to change.
I selected the svg import from the top menu that brought it into my ecal2.

I then selected it and did path/break apart and I could select each element individually. The image is quite large 117 inches so you will need to resize it or break it into pieces.

I hope this is what you wanted to do, if not please provide more info or it is not the file you were asking about.

Let us know how you do
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
kpattondesigns

Re: Ungrouping a file

Post by kpattondesigns »

Hi Susan
Thank you for the information. I did as you instructed and of course that worked.

my other issue is I am needing the full 6 feet including the inches to match up as exact/true measurements but it seems
the more "feet" I add the measurements get "off kilter" and by the end of the 6' it is totally off exact/true measurement.

Can you help me understand how to get a "cut" with "inch lines" that will measure 72" or 84" and be exact?

I hope I explained that correctly and intelligently.
thank you