Color printing problems

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
bclindlau

Color printing problems

Post by bclindlau »

The colors shown in ecal are not printing as shown. Has anyone else had this problem?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Color printing problems

Post by HeatherM »

I've only printed B&W from eCAL, but it could be your monitor, your printer, or if your image was created with a color profile that eCAL doesn't recognize. Monitors are almost always wrong and printers vary widely.

I used to have problems with my color photos printed at Costco (I use Photoshop and the default profile is Adobe RGB) and they NEVER turned out how I expected even though my monitor was calibrated and I had their print profiles loaded in Photoshop. It turned out that while they looked right in Photoshop, the print system at Costco ignored the embedded color profile and so the colors were wrong when they printed them. If you are creating your own images in a program like Photoshop, try a color profile like sRGB instead of the the standard default.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I just printed something with an Adobe RGB profile, and while it was slightly different, it wasn't radically different. Have you printed the image from a different program?
bclindlau

Post by bclindlau »

Thank you everyone for replying. To answer a few questions... I am printing an argyle pattern I designed and the colors are close but the white lines for the x shape in the center of the color blocks aren't white when printed.

It print the colors close but white prints as another color. Very strange and it doesn't consistently print the white the same color as the last print.

I tried printing from 2 different printers (inkjet and laser).Then I printed using Inkscape and the white was just fine.
OnlyOzzie

Post by OnlyOzzie »

I had a printing issue. When printing (to the same Color Laser Jet Printer) from Photoshop the colors look more like what I see on my screen. When I print from eCAL the colors are darker. Even though on photoshop I have it set for Printer to manage colors and same settings on eCAL (Setting via the Printer setting) the colors are darker when printed via Print 2 Cut in eCAL

Things that make you go HMMMMM!!!!!
~OnlyOzzie~
birdlady66

Post by birdlady66 »

I am having exactly the same problem. Images printed from SCAL Pro are duller than the images in Photoshop. I sell what I create on and the images need to match what I have the colors set at and not show up dull. I have three printers, two laser jets and one inkjet and the images all print the same out of SCAL Pro but when printed from photoshop, colors are brighter. How do I adjust the printed color in SCAL Pro? :(
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I am far from an expert on printers but after a LOT of research I was able to solve my own issues so I made this video:

https://vimeo.com/516727372

Hope it helps or at least leads you to figuring out a similar method for your own printer and SCAL. If this is for a Print-and-Cut application, you can also export the reg marks and cut lines only out of SCAL and import into Photoshop, align them with the design and then print from Photoshop instead but then do the cutting in SCAL. Just make sure you have the Document size in Photoshop and SCAL's mat matching for easier alignment.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
maniash

Post by maniash »

How can I fix color problems on my printer?
If your printouts have incorrect colors, try these solutions:
Make sure the paper type setting matches the paper you loaded.
Make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software.
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

maniash wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:54 am How can I fix color problems on my printer?
If your printouts have incorrect colors, try these solutions:
Make sure the paper type setting matches the paper you loaded.
Make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software.
Thanks for sharing these tips.