Barmybird

Re: help

Post by Barmybird »

windows 7 professional service pack 1
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Have you tried it in XP compatibility mode? Deactivate your SCAL2 first since the program won't recognize your activation if you change the mode, then right click on the program and select properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and select "Windows XP service pack3". Activate the program again. http://www.craftedge.com/products/xpmode.html

Also, did you have these problems with 2.043? If you didn't, then try going back. You can request 2.043 if you didn't save the install file. I would save and back up any SCAL2 install files that you do have.
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

blimey Heather that all sounds very complicated and scary! I had soooooooo much trouble with SCAL recently, the craftedge support couldn't help with all the problems I was having so I bought a new computer as they thought that's what it might be, its better but then these things start happening and I'm too scared to change anything in case it all goes belly up!!

I don't know what the previous version was like, I never really know what version I'm running, I have to be careful as I can only use it with my cricut so daren't do anything to threaten that... I would be lost without SCAL I hate the cricut software its rubbish!!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I finally had the chance to take a look at your file in Inkscape. The only thing I noticed was that there were a lot of nodes. I did use the paintbucket tool to create a new image with a lot less nodes. I brought the new file into SCAL2 and I also have Version 2.044. It seemed to work fine even with the shadow option. I attached my file if you want to try it to see if it works better for you.
Attachments
gamecontroller.svg
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

Hi Pastda3

thanks for sorting that file out for me, its working great but I still don't know what is happening with my scal., I've had files with lots of nodes before, and even when I tried to delete nodes it just went back to the full image when I did anything else so I don't think its the nodes causing the problem or the size of the bounding box, that happens quite a lot! I wish I knew how to use the paintbucket tool, whatever that is!! you and the other lady are far far cleverer than me cos I don't know what you're both talking about! I would like to understand what is causing these issues at the moment tho!

many thanks for your help
Sandie x
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Gosh, I wish I can help you more, but I have no idea what's happening.

Regarding paintbrush, here's a small tutorial. If you have some time, you should look around Kay's site. She has some awesome ideas and tutorials.

http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2009 ... -tutorial/
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

actually, I've just been redoing the card I was trying to make and although the file is now ok its still acting weirdly, moving anything around is twitchy for the want of a better word, if I click on an image it moves no matter how carefully I try to be, if I do edit and undo it changes the image slightly, its really weird and this is how it started last time I was having problems, now my mouse has lost its copy and paste! its all very strange...
I do follow this lady, but I didn't think she did scal stuff so will have to have another look!
thanks again
Sandie
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I was looking at your screenshot again. Did you ungroup your layers? Does that make sense?

Also, I was searching the forum and I found this.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19225&hilit=bounding+box&start=10

One more thing and probably not related at all, but I know it caused a problem for me a long time ago, but I don't remember the details. When you're creating in Inkscape, select "Inkscape" instead of "Illustrator" under Edit > Preferences > General > DPI. I set my alpha fill to 100%. Hope I'm not confusing you more. I'll let the pros take over from here. I hope you resolve your problem soon. I know how frustrating it can be.
Barmybird

Post by Barmybird »

I think that image was just on its own, it wasn't grouped or anything, but having said that I'm not really very good with techy stuff so it could have been, I should really find some easy to understand tutorials about V2 and learn how to use it properly!!!

thanks for trying to help, its much appreciated
Sandie