Need Help

pastda3

Re: Need Help

Post by pastda3 »

Heather, that is a beautiful design. Thanks for sharing. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Heather,
I cut your file today and the fold lines cut and the box was in pieces. What did I do wrong?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I use solid score lines since I currently use eCAL and when you tell it to score it automatically changes blade pressure to just score the surface of the paper instead of cutting through. You can’t use the same settings for the scoring layer as the rest of the cuts.

If your program has a score setting you need to set that layer to score. If not, then you have three options: convert the solid lines to dashes, hide/delete the score layer, or manually change the blade depth and pressure when you cut the score layer. Just hide the score layer when you cut the rest. The last method is what I used when I had a Cricut.
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Thanks so much for a quick reply. I have about 90 boxes to make before June 20th. I had better get started.
wvcathy

Re: Need Help - another Question on it ..

Post by wvcathy »

Heather - I emailed you with some issues I had - not sure why this isn't downloading right - perforations were off - ribbon ties off - it showed original size as 15.521 by 9.122. So I moved the perf lines up were they go & think I have ribbon slots right - I resized it to about 12 x 7 - that is still plenty big for favor box - what size was your original box ? - might play some more. but it did turn out beautiful as does all your files .. I am using SCAL 2 & the "C" - not sure if that would make any difference --

Thanks,
Cathy
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Cathy, I e-mailed you back, but here is part of what I said:

What version of SCAL2 are you using? I downloaded the file, unzipped it, then imported it into SCAL 2.043 and the score lines were in the right place. I'm thinking that you might have an older version of SCAL2 that had issues with the newer versions of Inkscape. You can request 2.043 or 2.044 from Craft Edge if you don't have them. Someone else recently had a problem with Win7 and 2.044 so you might want 2.043.

Also, I would guess that your import settings are for Illustrator and I usually use Inkscape. As long as you select everything and keep the proportions when you resize it should be fine. For some reason I did make this file a bit big. Don't ask me why, because I don't remember. :lol:
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Heather,

I started to cut the boxes. The first 40 or so went well. However, now it's not cutting well. I am using 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. When I cut now the paper rips in the center the bottom of the design. I change the blade and got a new cutting mat. Got any ideas what I can do? I have about 50 more to cut.

Michele
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

If the first 40 cut without problems, I would try a different new blade. Some blades just aren't right. You don't say what cutter you're using. If you are using a Cricut or any of the cutters that can use Roland blades I would try a Roland 60 degree blade. That is what I always used in my Cricut for cutting cardstock. You can buy them on Ebay, and they are usually much better quality for a lower price than Cricut blades. They cut detail cleaner than the Roland 45/standard Cricut blade.

Also, are you scoring first? I would score first and then cut. Check your blade for paper bits every once in a while too.
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Thanks Heather for your sugestions. I will order the new blades today. I had no idea that there was different blades. Just always used the Cricut ones. How often should I check the for bits of paper on the blade? I have been checking every time the cut rips.