Eclips' Laser Not Staying on

ScrappyKat

Eclips' Laser Not Staying on

Post by ScrappyKat »

My Eclips is almost two years old, hasn't been used much, but I love it. Today I was working on a print and cut. Laser came on and I set the first registration mark with no problem, hit OK and the carrier moved toward the second registration mark, but before it got there the laser went out! I cancelled by cut and tried several times. Once it came back on and I adjusted the carrier, hit OK and the laser went out before settling on the third registration mark. I even changed my preference to two registration marks, but the same thing happened. I did try clicking on the "turn on laser" button.
I can do the laser tracing of the cutting edge without any problems.

No Joy!

Anyone else have this problem, anyone have it fixed? Any ideas? :( :( :(
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Eclips' Laser Not Staying on

Post by HeatherM »

The laser does go out while traveling between registration marks and then turns on again at the next mark. Did the laser come back on when it got to the next mark?
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

No it is on while moving but turns off when it gets near the registration marks. It stays off.
chiron1

Post by chiron1 »

Have you found a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

Actually I had thought so. I cleaned that little black box off with a dry Q-Tip and it worked. The next time I used it, I had the same problem.
cyrunge

Post by cyrunge »

Are you having the same issue still? Did you ever get this resolved. Because I'm also having the same issue. What version of the eCAL software are you using? I'm using eCAL2. Part of me wonders if its the software or the driver or if the laser is just dying.
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

Never fixed. Since it cut beautifully, I gave it to my granddaughter and got myself the Eclips2. Love it!