Vinyl on Ceramic Tile

sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Vinyl on Ceramic Tile

Post by sstehman »

FINALLY....got to use my cutter today! Yohoo. Here is the project. Been wanting to try vinyl forever. Picked up 60 pcs of ceramic tile at the Habitat Store for $5.40 and a 4 pc set with picks at Harbor Freight & Tool to use for weeding. The eClips cut perfectly the first time. Posting the file too. Not sure where I got the images anymore and wish I would have used a Holly Leaf (that I round in my files later) and will do that next time.

I plan on making a variety of these (hiring my better half to drill 2 holes in for ribbon) and giving them to residents of the personal care facility to hang on their door for some Christmas spirit.
Attachments
JoyTile.jpg
JoyTile.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
JoyTile.svg
(15.27 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Sandy in PA
papasue

Re: Vinyl on Ceramic Tile

Post by papasue »

Nice file and a welcome gift!

TKS for sharing.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Nice job Sandy! I made a Halloween one last year and bought a couple of tiles to make other kinds, but never did.

Please post to let us know how the drilling goes.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Will do on the drilling. Hubby says we need a diamond tip bit, so picked one up for his dremel tool and one for his drill press last night. Will let you know which works best as HE will be doing some practice drilling today.
Sandy in PA
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Update on drilling the holes. Used a 1/8" bit with the drill press and it cut like butter. Getting into some production now. Picked up some stands at Hobby Lobby for some larger size ceramic tiles. They were 50% off. Making Christmas gifts this year is on my agenda.
Sandy in PA
papasue

Post by papasue »

Congrats to BOTH of you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

What a great idea for the Holidays! Love the idea of hanging it with ribbon. Maybe next year's project. Thanks for showing the project.