Blade wont drop

~lee~

Blade wont drop

Post by ~lee~ »

I was happily using my machine today and all of a sudden the blade stopped dropping so it doesnt touch the paper and wont cut. Any ideas?
alliellis

Re: Blade wont drop

Post by alliellis »

I have had this problem twice. Both times the machine had to go back. This last time they sent me a new one. It is a common problem. Ring up Sizzix Customer Service they should be able to help you
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
~lee~

Post by ~lee~ »

alliellis wrote:I have had this problem twice. Both times the machine had to go back. This last time they sent me a new one. It is a common problem. Ring up Sizzix Customer Service they should be able to help you
I emailed them. My machine is 18 months old. They said its not their problem and I need to take it back to the shop I got it from.

To be honest, I've had nothing but problems with it. It was always temperamental. They don't seem like very good quality machines at all and not worth the hefty price tag.

Is there an better alternative available in the uk?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

That doesn't sound like Sizzix customer support. They are always very helpful. Try them again.
Sandy in PA
alliellis

Post by alliellis »

I bought my first one over 12 months ago, but I think they kept counting it as a new one when they replaced them. I got the original one from them directly, maybe that is the difference, but I have always found them very helpful. I am in UK but I believe it is the same in US.
I must say I agree with some of your comments. had I known at the beginning what I know now, I probably would have purchased a different machine, but when it works its great!
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
~lee~

Post by ~lee~ »

sstehman wrote:That doesn't sound like Sizzix customer support. They are always very helpful. Try them again.
I know, I was quite disappointed as everything I had read suggested that the support was excellent.

I very much doubt hobbycraft will do anything about it after 18 months, and it's out of stock nearly everywhere anyway so looks like I'm out of luck.

Very tempted now by the Silver Bullet :D
jamesjogi08

Post by jamesjogi08 »

They said its not their problem and I need to take it back to the shop I got it from. To be honest, I've had nothing but problems with it. It was always temperamental.

Ali