KNOTTER for use with SCAL

gj1

Re: KNOTTER for use with SCAL - FULL free program

Post by gj1 »

Sorry that it meant a search for you....I was able to just use windows .zip and install to a usb stick....so that was easy.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I think it was just the link cut off.
I just took a guess at the rest - as spaces are never used in a web address it had to be either - or _ - normally _ is used for space so.....

I found it...... now I have to get the apple xcode kit - I remember now why I never use software I have to compile LOL

still, onwards and upwards as they say ROFLMAO

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

well sad to say, looks like this software is NOT in my future.

to compile it I need to install QT
OK but to install that I need Xcode (developer stuff) installed er...O.K.
finally find Xcode for my snow leopard system and now after 1hour it's two minutes away from finishing and it wants me to close itunes
shame itunes is not open..... even using the system force close it says only the installer & finder are open and the installer will not end until you close <the non running> app.... have reported this to apple but I think I'll just give it up as a bad job -- said I never have luck with compiling software.

so I guess I'm not meant to use this and it's back to knots in inkscape LOL

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I am very sorry you came to a dead end with it today. I have put a note to the creator of the program regarding this and will see what the response is.

I did look and found this one for mac(although I don't know if it is for your type of mac).

I do not know anything about this particular program, but it is also free....Knotworker
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

No problem, it's not your fault - it's apples by looks of it.

I can't work out why it's saying itunes is open when the system says it's not. I shall try a few more things and see if I can fool it into thinking it's OK to install...maybe it will install in safemode or something - once it's installed it "should" be ok.

Like designing files, when it starts to bug me I do tend to walk away for a while :)

I"ll check out the new one.

Thanks

Gaz
gj1

Post by gj1 »

The software author for KNOTTER writes, quote:

XCode is an Apple product so if it does not work I cannot help.

However, they can try to install a compiler without XCode. See http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/06/install- ... -mac-os-x/
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

ah, found the problem. this only works with OS-X 10.7 +
snow leopard is 10.6 so this will never work.

That last link he gave says you need command tools for 10.7 or later.

so there we go, now we know.

and no, I can't upgrade my mac without buy a new one for £1000+ as apple say my 2007 one is too old LOL (6 years old and on the scrap heap/distend for landfill - good job we don't do that with humans eh!! roflamo)

Gaz
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Definately useful and not so helpful things about all of this technology.
Anyway...that is all figured out now...at least you are always learning... and thanks for trying.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

so when I win the lottery (or Apple prices come down to around £200 - like that will ever happen) and I can get a new laptop I'll try this until then it's not to be. - I shall have to use inkscape knot feature or draw by hand.

mind you, I still have not got round to trying that other link you posted LOL

Gaz
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Well, if you are good at it in ink...that is maybe even better...and if you can draw them...that is way cool!!! Then you just scan, I guess. I am facinated by them...I know I could never draw them, and although I have looked at a couple of inkscape tutorials, it was at the same time I was trying the more direct programs and I got hooked on them.

Let me know if there is more to come for this with you in the future. Hope you win the lottery :)...and I know what you mean.
I have a very inexpensive laptop...but it works, until it breaks.

Thanks for your post.