How can I change the blade?

Zara

How can I change the blade?

Post by Zara »

Hi there! My blade isn't sharp enough anymore so I want to change it. But there's a very strong magnet inside... :evil: :roll: I can't get out the old blade. Is there any trick??????? :? :?

Hope you can help me again :D .

Thanks from Zara
Have a wonderfull day!

Sorry if my english is sometimes a little funny. I'm from Germany and I do my very best so you can hopefully understand what I mean.
dragonlord666

Re: How can I change the blade?

Post by dragonlord666 »

can you extend the blade then push the top to extend it further, you can then grab the blade (tweezers are good) and then let go of the top, the blade should let go then.

unless the holder unscrews somehow, I don't know what the eclips holders look like :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
Zara

Post by Zara »

Thanks so much! I didn't push strong enough... :lol: was not sure, where to push, so I was very carefull, to carefull :lol:
Have a wonderfull day!

Sorry if my english is sometimes a little funny. I'm from Germany and I do my very best so you can hopefully understand what I mean.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Just a tip....I do this one or 2 times with my blades and it seems to extend the life. Put a sheet of aluminum foil on your mat and do some cuts with it. It sharpen the blade and adds some life to it.
Sandy in PA
Zara

Post by Zara »

WOW!!! Good idea, I'll try it. Thanks :)
Have a wonderfull day!

dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

that will work to an extent,it should be the thick aluminium foil (more craft metal) and you only need straight lines but if the blade is chipped (very easy to do, you only have to knock them or use the wrong force and the end can chip) then no amount of sharpening will fix it.

for the hassle of tin foil on my mats etc not to mention it can go up inside the holder, it's easier and cheaper to just replace the blade.
I will only resharpen if I need to finish a project and cannot my the spares or I have no spares :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave