Personal Library Change SCAL 3.045 and eCAL 1.011

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
craftedge
Site Admin

Personal Library Change SCAL 3.045 and eCAL 1.011

Post by craftedge »

Starting with SCAL 3.045 and eCAL 1.011 the Personal Library window has been replaced with the main Library window that has tabs for Shapes, Fonts and Projects.
In the Shapes tab, there is a folder in the tree for "My Designs" which is where your files would be located in SCAL and eCAL now instead of the Personal Library window.
This folder corresponds to the following folder on your computer
(Windows)
C:\Users\{YOUR ACCOUNT}\My Documents\Craft Edge\My Designs
(Mac)
{YOUR DRIVE}\Users\{YOUR ACCOUNT}\Documents\Craft Edge\My Designs
Attachments
newlibrary.gif
newlibrary.gif (39.73 KiB) Viewed 7292 times
Toulouse31

Re: Personal Library Change SCAL 3.045 and eCAL 1.011

Post by Toulouse31 »

I've just upgraded Ecal and am confused by the new Library. How do I tell Ecal to add an entire folder (I used to have the library pointed at the path c: progs../components/punches folder of My Digital Studio on my C drive.) Do I have to add each punch/shape one file by file, I don't want to have to do this every time I add a shape to . I also have a large file of SVG files, with multiple folders in it. I have tried right clicking the folder, cntr+A to select all shapes, but only one then appears in the My Library folder?

Perhaps I am being a bit dense today!
*Eclips* with Ecal (Now dead)
Owner of purple E-Craft from hell.
Used to own old Cricut.
Scal3
Samantha2101

Post by Samantha2101 »

Hi

Me too! please help

How to I get all of my SVG into the Personal Library?? I can add them one at a time but please dont say that is the only way..... I have hundreds already in their folders.

Thank you in advance

Sam
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Look in your documents. You'll see a folder called Craft Edge. In that folder are some folders, and one is called My Designs. Just go to your SVG files, select them all, and copy them into the MyDesigns folder. They will then be in your library.
mitsim

Post by mitsim »

ALSO, they just released an updated to ECAL 1.012.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I just sent them a question again about this. I tried with 1.011 and with 1.012 and if I put my SVG FILES folder in the MY DESIGNS folder, eCAL crashes for me every time. I have not tried with SCAL. My one question might be that if I have other files in those same folders, it might be causing the crash. For example, I sometimes have a snip of the file in the folder too and it might not like this.

Will experiment some more, but if it has worked for anyone let me know. I'm not interested in separating out those other non-svg files and will just go back to my normal way of importing my files (although the new feature is quite nice.)
Sandy in PA
mitsim

Post by mitsim »

I have lots of different types of files in there, not just svg files. I dumped my entire SVG Files folder that has anything to do with SVG files, spreadsheets, update files, etc., into it and didn't have that problem.
Toulouse31

Post by Toulouse31 »

I don't want to have to copy files, they take up a lot of space on my 'C' drive so having to remember to duplicate my 'Punches' file seems pretty pointless. I tried putting a 'shortcut' into the My Designs folder but Ecal isn't seeing it.
I love the new Font library, being able to see the fonts correctly is great!
*Eclips* with Ecal (Now dead)
Owner of purple E-Craft from hell.
Used to own old Cricut.
Scal3
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Mitsim are you using eCAL or SCAL. I didn't try with SCAL yet, but eCAL isn't working for me. I'm fine with not using the new library feature, but I believe others would like to see it work.
Sandy in PA
azanna

Post by azanna »

I'm using eCal 1.016 and have checked the help files, this forum, and facebook pages. I can't figure out how to get my ".svg" files folder to show up in the Library. I've copied my entire collection into the Craft Edge and the CraftEdge folders but still, the My Designs folder in the Library is blank. Do I seriously have to create each individual folder that I have inside the ".svg" files folder and add files one by one?? Please, say no!