Names on throw-away Drink Cups

papasue

Names on throw-away Drink Cups

Post by papasue »

Hi, just sharing what I've done so far to get ready for my family Christmas (other than gift shopping of course)

Once everyone leaves the house and patio are littered with drink cups. It seems like they get "lost", so just get another. My solution: I bought these large throw-away plastic cups. I had some white contact paper and went to work.

Font is Thick Chocolate. I tested a strip of paper to ensure size would wrap without a problem and found 4.5x2" worked. Drew the 4.5x 2 rectangle in ecal and filled in the names welded to be one piece. This made it easier to lift off the mat as I only had to lift the rectangle and separate the inner name.

I think the contact paper would work on glass and could be peeled off after use, but didn't try that yet.

I may get a bit more creative later and add a graphic, but this was one project to check of my TO DO list.
cup contact paperPS.jpg
cup contact paperPS.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 2727 times
Happy Holidays with less trash!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Re: Names on throw-away Drink Cups

Post by gj1 »

OUTSTANDing idea! TFS
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Re: Names on throw-away Drink Cups

Post by pastda3 »

Great idea Susan. One year my daughter had a NYE party and I wrote all of the names on plastic cups with Sharpies. It really did help to minimize the waste. An e-cutter would've been great back then.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***