I need HELP Pleeez!!!!..how to reverse colors in Inkscape?

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
matchboxpatty

I need HELP Pleeez!!!!..how to reverse colors in Inkscape?

Post by matchboxpatty »

I need to know how when making a svg in inkscape, to reverse the colors. In other words say I want to make an svg of 3 leaf green holly with 3 red berries. When I make the svgs with the colors 3 (Green,Red and White Background) it ungroups them as the green holly without berries as 1, and the hollies and berries red together as 2. That means I have to glue the smaller leaves over the leaves and berries. How do I get it to make it so the hollies and berries will be all green and the red berries alone to glue over the green? I hope you understand what I'm try to say. Thanks for any help, I can't seem to find it in tutorials!!

Pat
dragonlord666

Re: I need HELP Pleeez!!!!..how to reverse colors in Inkscap

Post by dragonlord666 »

not 100% sure I'm following but.....
select the berries and go object>group
select all the holly and go object>group - if you can't get just the holly select all and then hold shift and click the berries group to de-select it then group just the leaves.

I think that is what you want - sorry if I've got the whole thing backwards & upsidedown :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
papasue

Post by papasue »

Pat, can you post the svg file so we are sure we understand as I'm not clear either.

Does this svg look like what you want?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26390&p=100565&hilit=holly#p100565
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
matchboxpatty

Post by matchboxpatty »

I want to make #2 all in green and the berries alone in red. I dont know how to make this happen in inkscape. If I could just find the link for an inkscape tutorial to show me how it would be great!!! The jpeg is the original!
Attachments
holly solo.jpg
holly solo.jpg (16.21 KiB) Viewed 8017 times
holly solo red # 2.svg
(15.98 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
holly solo green # 1.svg
(16.46 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

#2 is a trace of the outline of the image - unless you draw the berries back in it's not going to break apart or ungroup so you will not get the berries & leaves to become individual objects.

I would go back to the original image and trace them as individual objects (one green and one red)

you can either manually trace it (use the bezier tool) or try path>trace bitmap.

try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKQluUaqyGw

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I would just make some circles for the berries...you have everything else, and the color palate is at the bottom..you just select your object with the arrow cursor and then click on the color you want it to be.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I'm still using Inkscape .046, but this is what I did. I took the image you had in your post and traced it. Then I clicked on the "circle" option and while holding down the ctrl key, I made a new circles on top of the original drawing to make sure my individual circles were the size I wanted them to be. I then selected all of the new circles and selected path > object to path. I've attached my file.

Make sure in VIEW you are set to normal and not outline.
Attachments
HollywithSeparateBerries.svg
(8.36 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
card.cuts

Post by card.cuts »

I tried to send this file soon after you posted your message but I think it got lost somehow.

I made a couple of files to show ways of doing what you wanted. I'm happy to talk you through what I did if you still need to know.

Jess
Attachments
holly all pieces.svg
(33.52 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I hope she comes back to look again...you are correct that you are very keen...this file is FANTASTIC...thank you SO much for particiapating here, and again our apologizes.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

@card.cuts. Great file with so many options. Thank you. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***